The Maldives Emperor Voyager liveaboard – Overall review rating 9.1 out of 10 and 4.5 stars
If you’re set on scuba diving the Maldives, your next decision is whether you do resort based diving vs scuba dive from a liveaboard. But as you’re reading this Emperor Voyager liveaboard review, it’s possibly safe to assume you intend to dive from a liveaboard.
Maldives Emperor Voyager liveaboard: A review of the Maldives Emperor Voyager liveaboards reveals a 30 metre (98 feet) custom-built boat for scuba divers. Sleeps 20 divers over 10 cabins with en-suites, air-con and some have sea views. Local and western food served buffet style indoors or alfresco with an air-con saloon and bar. Dive trips of 8 days 7.
The best way to dive the Maldives is by a scuba diving liveaboard. You can check the latest and best deals on Maldives liveaboards using the following window:
Features of Maldives Emperor Voyager
The Emperor Voyager is a modern liveaboard dive boat offering a high standard of comfort and accommodation.
The features that are included with your stay on the Maldives Emperor Voyager liveaboard are as follows:
- The Maldives Emperor Voyager liveaboard is 30 metres (98 feet) in length.
- Designed for up to 20 divers across 10 cabins.
- Cabins have private en-suite bathrooms and air conditioning, some with sea views and there’s daily housekeeping.
- Warm water showers.
- A leisure deck, and observation deck and a sun deck for those sun-worshippers who like to relax and enjoy sunbathing in-between dives.
- Food includes local and western style food and is served buffet style and can be eaten both indoors or outside alfresco style.
- Both wine and beer are available at an extra charge and a beach BBQ.
- Specific dietary requirements can be catered for.
- Non-diver friendly for snorkeling.
- Indoor air conditioned saloon with bar and library.
- Scuba diving facilities include: DIN adaptors, rebreather support, Free nitrox available, a camera station and equipment and scuba gear rentals.
You can check the Emperor Voyager liveaboard availability and prices here.
Maldives Emperor Voyager scuba diving review
The diving from the Maldives Emperor Voyager liveaboard has a superb review rating and she was custom-built for scuba diving.
On this scuba diving liveaboard, you’ll be in the hands of experienced and professional crew.
Search for your favourite Maldives Liveaboard here:
Table of Maldives liveaboards
This list of Maldives liveaboards is in descending customer rating order, followed by Scuba Diving Luxury Rating (SDE Lux Rating, see below), so the liveaboards with the highest customer rating and the best SDE lux rating will be at the top of the list. If you want to change the list order, use the “Sort by” dropdown below.
|Discover Liveaboard||Customer Rating||SDE Lux Rating %||Flexible Booking||Dive Courses||Dietary Requirements||Nitrox||Gear Rental|
|Review: MV Scubaspa Yang; Book: MV Scubaspa Yang||9.6||87%||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES|
|Review: MV Emperor Explorer; Book: MV Emperor Explorer||9.6||63%||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES|
|Review: MV Theia; Book: MV Theia||9.5||85%||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES|
|Review: MY Princess Dhonkamana; Book: MY Princess Dhonkamana||9.5||79%||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES|
|Review: MV Scubaspa Ying; Book: MV Scubaspa Ying||9.4||87%||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES|
|Review: MV Sachika; Book: MV Sachika||9.4||83%||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES|
|Review: MV Emperor Serenity; Book: MV Emperor Serenity||9.4||60%||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES|
|Review: MV Soleil 2; Book: MV Soleil 2||9.3||96%||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES|
|Review: MV Emperor Atoll; Book: MV Emperor Atoll||9.3||77%||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES|
|Review: MV Azalea; Book: MV Azalea||9.3||77%||NO||YES||YES||YES||YES|
The Scuba Diving Earth Luxury Rating (SDE Lux Rating) is explained on each liveaboard review when you click the “Discover Liveaboard” link, and is my own Liveaboard Luxury Rating I’ve assigned to all liveaboards. Choosing between liveaboards is helped by customer scores, and if you get stuck choosing between two or three liveaboards, where each one has a high customer score out of 10, you can use the SDE Luxury Rating to help narrow down your choice.
Think about it like using Booking.com when searching for the best hotel. Booking.com also use a customer score where each customer rates hotels out of 10. This is similar to the liveaboard customer rating, which is also rated out of 10. But let’s say you only like to stay in hotels rated 8 and above on Booking.com, but you also want the hotel to have WIFI or parking, or to have a swimming pool etc. The features each hotel has is usually secondary to the score out of 10.
Scuba diving options on the Maldives Emperor Voyager liveaboard:
Examples of the dive itineraries on the Emperor Voyager liveaboard.
- Best of Maldives 7 Nights – 8 days 7 nights trip. Approx. 17 dives in total. Open Water certification – No minimum logged dives required.
- Hanifaru & North (Male-Male) – 8 days 7 nights trip. Approx. 18 dives in total. Open Water certification – No minimum logged dives required.
Some of the diving in the Maldives are deep dives and up to 30 metres (98 feet), with currents so are drift dives and there are night dives too. But The Emperor Voyager is about including most experience levels of scuba diver. But also is great for beginners as there’s no minimum logged dives requirement.
On most of these trips divers will see a variety of marine life. This includes nudibranchs, Napoleon Wrasse, moray eels, large schools of reef fish, eagle rays, various shark species including grey reef and white tip sharks, turtles, manta rays and whale sharks. Plus there’s always that chance you could see a tiger shark too.
You will also get the opportunity on some trips to dive some of the most beautiful shipwrecks too.
You can check the Emperor Voyager liveaboard availability and prices here.
Maldives Emperor Voyager liveaboard review by customers
Scuba divers that have stayed on the Maldives Emperor Voyager liveaboard review comments include:
- To sum up my experience in one sentence is difficult so I’ll just say it was beautiful breathtaking dives;
- An amazing diving experience;
- Comfortable boat with fantastic crew;
- Seeing Mantas and whalesharks right behind our boat;
- Night time manta show Clipping in to see over 35 sharks at one time;
- We had a great time for the whole week on Emperor Voyager;
- Awesome First Liveaboard Experience;
- Spectacular week in the Maldives on a wonderful boat;
- I can really recommend this boat and the crew;
- Spectacular experience on the first liveaboard stay;
- Amazing trip. Crew were delightful. Even met vegetarian needs!
- Excellent Liveaboard!… great diving and friendly, knowlegeable and professional Dive Guides.
There are so many great reviews for the Emperor Voyager, please click here to read them. If you weren’t already convinced how wonderful this top class liveaboard was before, then certainly after reading them all.
Here’s a review by a customer who rated the Maldives Emperor Voyager liveaboard 10 out of 10 and 5 stars:
Awesome Dive operation. “The crew of Voyager is incredibly attentive, courteous, and helpful. They left us wanting for nothing. Very safe and organized operation. We went in Feb and had some of the best pelagic action ever! Highly recommend!” Recommended for: Food, comfort, safety.Lindsay F, United States
Video of Maldives Emperor Voyager liveaboard
I hope you enjoyed this article about the Maldives Emperor Voyager liveaboard review
I’d love to hear from you. Tell us about your adventures of diving and snorkelling. Please use the comments section below. Please also share your photos. Either from your underwater cameras or videos from your waterproof go-pro’s!
But in particular if you’ve dived either in the Maldives or in particular on the Maldives Emperor Voyager liveaboard, please share your experiences.
If this article hasn’t answered all of your questions. If you have more questions either about snorkelling or scuba diving (or specifically about the Maldives Emperor Voyager liveaboard review), please comment below with your questions.
There will also be many more articles about scuba and scuba diving safety tips (and on snorkelling too) for you to read and learn about this fabulous sport.
Have fun and be safe!