The Maldives Blue Voyager liveaboard – Overall review rating 8.9 out of 10 and 4.5 stars
If you’re set on scuba diving the Maldives, your next decision is whether you do resort based diving vs scuba dive from a liveaboard. But as you’re reading this Blue Voyager liveaboard review, it’s possibly safe to assume you intend to dive from a liveaboard.
Maldives Blue Voyager liveaboard review in 15 seconds…
This 37 metre (121 feet) Maldives liveaboard accommodates up to 24 scuba divers across 13 cabins. The Maldives Blue Voyager liveaboard was custom-built for scuba divers and has en-suite cabins with air conditioning. Western and local food served buffet style served indoors and there’s also an air-conditioned saloon and bar. The scuba diving ranges from itineraries of 8 days 7 nights to 11 days 10 nights with some of the best diving in the Maldives. The chance to see whale sharks and other sharks, manta rays, eagle rays, turtles and also wrecks.
Features of Maldives Blue Voyager liveaboard
The features that are included with your stay on the Maldives Blue Voyager liveaboard are as follows:
- The Maldives Blue Voyager liveaboard is 37 metres (121 feet) in length.
- Designed for up to 24 divers across 13 luxurious cabins.
- Cabins have private en-suite bathrooms and air conditioning.
- Daily housekeeping.
- Warm water showers.
- A sun deck for those sun-worshippers who like to relax and enjoy sunbathing in-between dives.
- Food includes western style and local food and is served buffet fashion.
- Specific dietary requirements can be catered for including vegetarian options.
- Indoor air conditioned saloon with bar.
- Free internet.
- Non-divers are welcome and snorkeler friendly and snorkel equipment on board.
- Scuba diving facilities include: DIN adaptors, sidemount diving, paid-for nitrox available separate rinse for underwater cameras and equipment and scuba gear rentals.
- Jacuzzi/hot tub on board.
Maldives Blue Voyager scuba diving
The diving from the spacious Maldives Blue Voyager liveaboard is highly rated and she was custom-built for scuba diving.
On this scuba diving liveaboard, you’ll be in the hands of experienced and professional crew.
Search for your favourite Maldives Liveaboard here:
Scuba diving options on the Maldives Blue Voyager liveaboard:
Examples of the dive itineraries on the Blue Voyager liveaboard.
- Baa & Central Atolls (Male-Male) – 8 days 7 nights trip. Approx. 18 dives in total. Advanced Open Water certification – 50 minimum logged dives required.
- Best of the Central Atolls (Male – Male) – 11 days 10 nights trip. Approx. 27 dives in total. Open Water certification – 30 minimum logged dives required.
- Central Atolls 7 Nights (Male/Male) – 8 days 7 nights trip. Approx. 18 dives in total. Advanced Open Water – 30 minimum logged dives required.
- Manta Trust Expedition – Northern Atolls (Malé-Malé) – 11 days 10 nights trip. Approx. 27 dives in total. Advanced Open Water – 30 minimum logged dives required.
On most of these trips divers will see a variety of marine life. This includes nudibranchs, Napoleon Wrasse, moray eels, large schools of reef fish, eagle rays, various shark species including grey reef and white tip sharks, turtles, manta rays and whale sharks.
You will also get the opportunity on some trips to dive some of the most beautiful shipwrecks too.
You can check the availability and prices for this Boat here.
Maldives Blue Voyager liveaboard review by customers
Scuba divers that have stayed on the Maldives Blue Voyager liveaboard review comments include: It really was an amazing experience; night dive with Manta rays; Cabins very comfortable, with A/c and a TV in each one; The manta ray night dive, close up shark experiences, the food and staff; Unforgettable diving experience; Majestic Mantas Maldives; Absolutely Amazing! This was my first liveaboard and I’m hooked!
Here’s a review by a customer who rated the Maldives Blue Voyager liveaboard 10 out of 10 and 5 stars:
Super comfortable and spacious boat and service made for a perfect trip! “The boat was of a high quality – modern, clean, large and comfortable. Although the boat was full, we always could find space somewhere to relax. Crew were really attentive, with literally help for everything. The diving was both mind-blowing and average in turns, depending on the conditions, but the dive guides had a good balance of showing things and letting people explore with their buddy. I would consider diving with Blue O Two again. Thanks of course to Albert and Sophie, who made the trip relaxed and fun!” Recommended for: Large boat and dive Dhongi; Food was really tasty and diverse; Rental gear was excellent.David S, Australia
Video of Maldives Blue Voyager liveaboard
I hope you enjoyed this article about the Maldives Blue Voyager liveaboard review
I’d love to hear from you. Tell us about your adventures of diving and snorkelling. Please use the comments section below. Please also share your photos. Either from your underwater cameras or videos from your waterproof go-pro’s!
But in particular if you’ve dived either in the Maldives or in particular on the Maldives Blue Voyager liveaboard, please share your experiences.
If this article hasn’t answered all of your questions. If you have more questions either about snorkelling or scuba diving (or specifically about the Maldives Blue Voyager liveaboard review), please comment below with your questions.
There will also be many more articles about scuba and scuba diving safety tips (and on snorkelling too) for you to read and learn about this fabulous sport.
Have fun and be safe!