Pelagic Feet the Solmar V yacht is one Is a liveaboards in Mexico
Are you into scuba diving with sharks? When I say sharks, I mean Great White Sharks! The Solmar V Liveaboard is a year-round diving dive boat taking scuba divers to the Socorro Islands and Guadalupe Island.
The Solmar V Liveaboard of the Pelagic Feet, Mexico – 8.8 out of 10, 4.5 stars, review rated Fabulous for scuba diving
Mexico's Solmar V liveaboard yacht has been rated 'Fabulous' by scuba guests who've stayed on this Pelagic Fleet diving boat of Mexico. Reviews include words like “Absolutely incredible!” “This was a bucket list item for me”. “An amazing time on a great boat“. “Being face-to-face with curious dolphins and admiring the beauty of a giant manta is difficult to describe”.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link.
The Solmar V dive boat is part of the Pelagic Fleet of liveaboards, catering for up to 22 guests in 12 cabins. All cabins have air conditioning and en-suite bathrooms.
The Solmar V liveaboard has a dive deck and platform that's been designed to make kitting up easy. The dive platform has plenty of room to move and has ample storage space.
World’s largest great white shark: 7 metre (23 feet) long ‘Deep Blue’ around Guadalupe Island
To whet the appetite for what you may experience on board the Solmar V, here’s a video of Deep Blue. Deep Blue is the largest ever recorded great white shark.
See below also for a video of diving from the Solmar V liveaboard.
Key features of the Solmar V liveaboard dive boat
- Nitrox is available.
- DIN adapters are available on board.
- Scuba equipment rental.
- Dedicated Local & International Crew.
- Available for charter.
- Snacks all day, vegetarian and vegan food options, fine wines selection and free wine with dinner.
Solmar V liveaboard review - reviews by customers
Mexico's Pelagic Fleet Solmar V review #1
Great animal encounters with the big guys that get your heart racing or leave you in awe.
"Socorro is a pristine area that has not been impacted by plastic pollution and doesn't seem to be impacted by global warming. The Solmar V crew are so enjoyable and genuinely want all divers to have a nature-focused experience while being extremely safety conscientious. They love their jobs and really support keeping Socorro special. Being face-to-face with curious dolphins and admiring the beauty of a giant manta is difficult to describe - you have to experience it yourself. So glad I had the opportunity!"
Recommended for: Mantas, dolphins and sharks (hammerhead, Galapagos, silky, tiger, white tip, silver tip, whale)Stacey W, United States of America - 9.2 out of 10, 4.5 stars and rated Superb
Mexico's Pelagic Fleet Solmar V review #2
An amazing time on a great boat
“Highlights include seeing Manta Rays, dolphins and sharks. Some divers had a once in a lifetime experience of seeing a baitbail.”
Recommended for: Great dive guides, Great dive sites and good companyAlan P, United Kingdom - 10 out of 10 5 stars and rated Exceptional
Mexico's Pelagic Fleet Solmar V review #3
"This was a bucket list item for me, I was not disappointed one bit. The boat was amazing, the crew was extremely well prepared, professional and on point with absolutely everything. This will now be an annual trip for me now."
Recommended for: The sharks, the crew and the service. All top notch!David L, USA - 10 out of 10, 5 stars and rated Exceptional
To read more reviews and to book the Solmar V liveaboard to dive the Guadalupe and great white sharks or Socorro Islands with hammerheads and manta rays, please go to Liveaboard.com.
Scuba diving from the Solmar V liveaboard
- Great White Shark Trips to Guadalupe Island - 5 day, 4 night scuba diving trip with approximately 12 dives with great white sharks. Offered August through October each year. Ensenada, Mexico to Guadalupe Island. Cage diving on the surface using surface supplied air (hookah) instead of SCUBA tanks. You don't have to be a certified scuba diver to participate in these trips. But if you are a scuba diver, you can dive in a submersible cage instead...if you dare!
- Socorro Islands diving - 9 day, 8 night scuba dive trip with up to 20 dives or a 11 day, 10 night 27 dive trip. The dive trips to the Socorro Islands run from November through June. The weather is better and it's the best time to encounter the large pelagics. From mid-January through mid-April the Socorro Islands are home to humpback whales who come to the islands to breed and calve. Whale sharks are also seen, along with giant Pacific manta, pods of wild bottlenose dolphins, large tuna, wahoo, large schools of jacks, plus the visiting hammerheads, plus up to seven other sharks species of sharks. Known for the best big animal diving in the world!
Solmar V Liveaboard video
This is a taster of the type of diving you'll experience from the Solmar V liveaboard. In this video you'll see hammerheads, manta rays, reef sharks, a whale shark, sea lions, humpback whales (jumping at the start and underwater), an oceanic white tip shark, silky sharks, tuna and dolphins.
Solmar V liveaboard charter
The Solmar V liveaboard is available for full charter. So if you need a liveaboard boat for your dive club or a group of friends you can have a private charter to yourselves.
Solmar V liveaboard booking
If you'd like to read more reviews. Plus if you also want to book the Pelagic Fleet's Solmar V liveaboard. But more importantly to scuba dive the Guadalupe Islands with great white sharks. Alternatively, to scuba dive Socorro Islands with hammerheads and manta rays, please go to Liveaboard.com.
I hope you enjoyed this article about the Solmar V liveaboard yacht review
I’d love to hear from you. Tell us about your adventures of diving and snorkeling, in the comments below. Please also share your photos. Either from your underwater cameras or videos from your waterproof Gopro’s!
If this article hasn’t answered all of your questions. If you have more questions either about snorkeling or types of scuba diving (or specifically about the Solmar V liveaboard yacht), please comment below with your questions.
There will also be many more articles about scuba diving (and snorkeling) for you to read and learn about these fabulous sports.
Have fun and be safe!
More Reading: Is Liveaboard.com legit? (Liveaboard.com reviews)