If you’re looking for tech friendly Philippines liveaboards there aren’t many to choose from. But to save you the time of searching yourself from a long list, below is the only tech diving Philippines liveaboard. Having said that, the table below includes a list of five Philippines liveaboards, where some have rebreather support or offer sidemount diving instead.
There is only one tech diving Philippines liveaboard; the Seadoors Liveaboard, which also has rebreather and sidemount diving support too. Enjoying getting up close with marine life using your rebreather or spend longer on the bottom as a technical diver with the support you need for deeper dives.
The best way to dive the Philippines is by a scuba diving liveaboard. You can check the latest and best deals on Philippines liveaboards using Liveaboard.com below, which opens in a new window:
Table of tech diving Philippines liveaboards
The only Philippines liveaboard with tech diver support is the Seadoors liveaboard, which has been reviewed in more detail below. The other liveaboards in the list below either offer rebreather support or sidemount diving support, or both.
This list of Philippines liveaboard with support for technical divers is in descending customer rating order, followed by Scuba Diving Luxury Rating (SDE Lux Rating, see below), so the liveaboards with the highest customer rating and the best SDE lux rating will be at the top of the list. If you want to change the list order, use the “Sort by” dropdown below.
|Discover Liveaboard||Customer Review (Max 10)||SDE Lux Rating %||Flexible Booking||Dive Courses||Dietary Requirements||Nitrox||Gear Rental|
|Review Link: MY Atlantis Azores; Booking Link: MY Atlantis Azores||9.8||87%||NO||YES||YES||YES||YES|
|Review Link: MY Solitude One; Booking Link: MY Solitude One||9.2||87%||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES|
|Review Link: MY Seadoors; Booking Link: MY Seadoors||8.7||90%||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES|
|Review Link: MY Stella Maris Explorer; Booking Link: MY Stella Maris Explorer||0||77%||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES|
|Review Link: MY Narayana Liveaboard; Booking Link: MY Narayana Liveaboard||0||46%||YES||NO||YES||NO||YES|
If you would like to see the complete list of Philippines liveaboards, you can find these here: Philippines Liveaboards Diving Reviews.
The column headed “SDE Lux Rating %” is my own Liveaboard Luxury Rating which I’ve assigned to all liveaboards. To see how the rating is calculated for your chosen tech diving Philippines liveaboard, click the liveaboard name link in the “Discover Liveaboard” column above (also this is explained in more detail below).
To help you to choose the right diving liveaboard for you, the “Scuba Diving Earth Liveaboard Luxury Rating” (SDE Lux Rating) means you can compare each liveaboard with other liveaboards on a like-for-like basis. This makes choosing the right liveaboard much easier.
The maximum rating for any liveaboard is 100%, and this rating is split between the 6 features listed below:
- Diver benefits: A higher ‘diver benefits‘ score means there are more features specifically for scuba divers. These include onboard nitrox, dive courses, gear rental etc.
- Liveaboard design features: The higher the ‘liveaboard design features‘ score, the more the dive boat has been designed with scuba divers in mind. This includes whether the dive boat was custom built for divers, if it has charging stations, outside showers etc.
- Cabin luxury: A high score in ‘cabin luxury‘ means the cabins on the liveaboard offer better features. These might include ensuite cabins, air-conditioning, daily housekeeping, seaviews, TVs etc.
- Onboard comfort: A high score in ‘onboard comfort‘ means there are more onboard features to make your dive trip feel more luxurious. These include what towels are provided on the liveaboard (always important for travelling light), complimentary toiletries, crew ratios etc.
- Food luxury: If you are a foodie then ‘food luxury‘ will be important to you, as a high score on this rating will mean there’s more on offer. These might include the type of food served onboard, the dietary requirements catered for, vegan food, vegetarian food, buffet style, fine dining etc.
- Drink luxury: If you like a drink in the evenings you may look for a higher score in ‘drink luxury‘ score, but this score also includes drinking water and soft drinks too.
The “SDE Luxury Rating Total” is calculated by adding the totals from each of the above features and benefits. The higher the SDE Luxury Rating, the more features and benefits the liveaboard has, which leads on nicely to how to use the SDE Luxury Rating.
How to use the SDE Luxury Rating score
When choosing your tech diver Philippines liveaboard for you, your decision is helped by customer scores, which is how the liveaboards in the above table are chosen and sorted in descending order.
If you are stuck choosing between two or three of these Philippines liveaboards with tech diver support, where each have high customer scores out of 10 and that have itineraries you like, use the SDE Luxury Rating score to help narrow down your choice.
Think about it like using Booking.com when searching for the best hotel to stay at. Booking.com also use a customer score where each customer rates hotels out of 10. This is similar to the liveaboard customer rating, which is also rated out of 10.
But let’s say you only like to stay in hotels rated 9 and above on Booking.com, but you also want the hotel to have WIFI or parking, or to have a swimming pool etc. The features each hotel has is secondary to the score out of 10.
In the case of liveaboards, the SDE Lux Rating system can also be used as a secondary tool in the same way to help you determine which liveaboard offers the best features to suit you.
Each of these tech diver Philippines liveaboards linked-to from the above table will be individually scored. Which means that if cabin luxury is important to you, focus on this score to help you choose your liveaboard, or if diver benefits are your top priority, use this score first, and so on.
Other tech diving Philippines liveaboard considerations
In addition to the luxury rating explained above, there are other factors you may want to consider too. These are, as follows:
- Advanced diver benefits: A higher ‘advanced diver benefits‘ score means the liveaboard caters better for advanced divers. These include rebreather support, sidemount diving, and probably the most important for your search; tech diver support.
- Underwater photographer benefits: A high score for ‘underwater photographer benefits‘ means the liveaboard caters well for underwater photography enthusiasts. These might include a camera room, a camera station and separate rinse for underwater cameras.
- Non-diving activities: If ‘non-diving activities‘ are important to you, a high score in this rating will be important. Non-diving activities include fishing, jacuzzi/hot tubs, kayaks, massage, naturalist activities, stand up paddle boards, jet skis etc.
- Onboard entertainment: There will be down-time between dives and in the evenings too, which means you may want to check the ‘onboard entertainment‘ score for each liveaboard too. These include audio and entertainment and a library.
- Travel benefits: If you’re looking for transfers from the airport or hotel, or for a budget friendly liveaboard the ‘travel benefits‘ score is the one to check.
When you review your chosen best tech diving Philippines liveaboard, scroll to the bottom of the review for these five additional features the dive boat may or may not have.
Seadoors Liveaboard Philippines – Liveaboard with tech support
The Seadoors Philippines liveaboard offers tech diving support. This liveaboard also offers rebreather support, as well as sidemount diving equipment.
If you are looking for a fabulous Philippines diving safari, you can’t go too far wrong with the Seadoors diving liveaboard. The luxury rating for the Seadoors liveaboard is 81% (see below). The following article is a detailed review of the Seadoors liveaboard and here is our quick review of why you might want to book this Philippines diving liveaboard boat:
The tech diver Seadoors Liveaboard is a 25 metre (82 feet) Philippines diving boat for up to 16 guests accommodated across 8 cabins with 8 bathrooms. This Philippines liveaboard for tech diving has a customer rating of 8.7, is rated ‘Fabulous’, and scores 81% on the Scuba Diving Earth luxury rate.
Features included with your stay on the Philippines Seadoors liveaboard are as follows:
- Flexible Booking: This liveaboard has flexible booking terms, which means you can book with confidence knowing that this dive boat offers a free trip reschedule within 24 months if you are unable to travel due to Covid19 related restrictions.
- Nitrox Diving: Paid nitrox available, which means you benefit from the many advantages of nitrox diving if you are happy to pay for it. The benefits include extended bottom times so you can spend longer on each dive.
- Dietary Requirements Catered For: The onboard chefs will cater for any specific dietary requirement you have. This means you can relax in the knowledge that you can enjoy the food onboard this liveaboard. (You are advised to add this to your special requests on step 2 of the booking form, and to limit any requests to religious beliefs or food allergies).
- Diving Courses: This liveaboard offers diving courses, which means you benefit from being able to advance your diving skills. These training courses are an extra charge.
- Scuba Gear Rental: You can rent scuba gear on this dive boat so you benefit from being able travel light and simply rent all your scuba equipment once onboard.
- Internet: There is no internet available on this liveaboard.
- Ensuite Cabins: Cabins on this dive boat benefit from having ensuite bathroom so you can shower and get ready in private (Check when booking that the cabin you choose has an ensuite bathroom).
- Aircon Cabins: Each cabin has air-conditioning, which means you can choose your own cabin temperature for personal comfort and a good nights sleep.
- Private Charter: This liveaboard is available for private charter. If you charter this dive boat you have more flexibility over the choice of dive sites, type of diving and diver numbers (Subject to the maximum number of guests onboard – see below).
- DIN Adapters: If you have DIN regulators do not worry as this liveaboard has DIN to Yoke regulator adaptors onboard.
For more information about the Seadoors liveaboard and about how it scored 81% on the Scuba Diving Earth luxury rating, please take a look at this article: Seadoors Philippines Liveaboard Diving Review.
Customer Reviews of the Seadoors Liveaboard
The Seadoors liveaboard customer reviews listed here have been chosen for you to get a feel for the scuba diving experience you’ll get:
“Amazing tubbataha diving The diving at Tubbataha is great – no people. All the big stuff – hammerheads, whalesharks, mantas, silver tip sharks (plus loads of grey reefs / white tips / schools of barracuda and jacks). Not so much macro. The dive guides are great – they find everything. And largely prepare and move all equipment for you (unless you want to do yourself). Food was amazing! The boat seems to largely attract an older audience (mostly aged 50 upwards). So positive, or less positive depending upon your own age! Recommended for: Incredible diving. Amazing food. Great guides and staff“
Customer Review By Charlotte R, from: United Kingdom; Review courtesy of Liveaboard.com, for more reviews and information click here: Seadoors.
I hope you enjoyed this page about tech diving Philippines Liveaboard
If you have more questions either about snorkelling or scuba diving (or specifically about tech diving Philippines Liveaboard), please comment below with your questions.
Please share your experiences, plus dive sites, resorts and liveaboards you recommend. Share the time of year of your trip together with what you saw, the visibility, currents and dive operator, as this will help others who read this page.
There will also be many more pages and articles about scuba and scuba diving safety tips (and on snorkelling too) for you to read and learn about this fabulous sport.
Have fun and be safe!