The Maldives Aggressor II liveaboard – Overall review rating 9.0 out of 10 and 4.5 stars
If you’re set on scuba diving the Maldives, your next decision is whether you do resort based diving vs scuba dive from a liveaboard. But as you’re reading this Maldives Aggressor II liveaboard review, it’s possibly safe to assume you intend to dive from a liveaboard.
Maldives Aggressor II liveaboard review: A review of the Maldives Aggressor II liveaboard reveals a 41 metre (135 feet) custom-built boat for scuba divers. Sleeps 22 scuba divers across 11 cabins with en-suites and air conditioning. Western and local food served buffet style indoors with a saloon and bar. Dive trips of 8 days 7 nights or 11 days 10 nights.
A good chance to see whale sharks, manta rays, eagle rays, turtles and more.
Features of Maldives Aggressor II liveaboard
The features that are included with your stay on the Maldives Aggressor II liveaboard are as follows:
- The Maldives Aggressor II is a large scuba diving vessel and is 41 metres (135 feet) in length.
- Designed for up to 22 divers across 11 luxurious cabins.
- Cabins have private en-suite bathrooms, air conditioning, TV/DVD, charging ports and storage space.
- Warm water showers.
- A sun deck for those sun-worshippers who like to relax and enjoy sunbathing in-between dives.
- Food includes western style and local food and is served buffet fashion.
- Specific dietary requirements can be catered for.
- Indoor air conditioned saloon with bar.
- Paid-for internet.
- Nitrox vaialble at an extra charge.
- Non-divers are welcome.
- Scuba diving facilities include: DIN adaptors, separate rinse for underwater cameras and equipment and scuba gear rentals.
Maldives Aggressor II scuba diving
The diving from the Maldives Aggressor II is second to non and she was custom-built for scuba diving. On this large scuba diving liveaboard, you’ll be in the hands of experienced and professional crew.
Search for your favourite Maldives Liveaboard here:
Table of Maldives liveaboards
This list of Maldives liveaboards is in descending customer rating order, followed by Scuba Diving Luxury Rating (SDE Lux Rating, see below), so the liveaboards with the highest customer rating and the best SDE lux rating will be at the top of the list. If you want to change the list order, use the “Sort by” dropdown below.
|Liveaboard main photo||Discover Liveaboard||Customer Review Rating Out of 10||SDE Lux Rating %||Flexible Booking||Dive Courses||Dietary Requirements||Nitrox||Gear Rental|
|Review Link: MV Scubaspa Yang; Booking Link: MV Scubaspa Yang||9.6||85||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES|
|Review Link: MV Emperor Explorer; Booking Link: MV Emperor Explorer||9.6||63||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES|
|Review Link: MV Theia; Booking Link: MV Theia||9.5||85||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES|
|Review Link: MY Princess Dhonkamana; Booking Link: MY Princess Dhonkamana||9.5||79||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES|
|Review Link: MV Scubaspa Ying; Booking Link: MV Scubaspa Ying||9.4||87||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES|
|Review Link: MV Sachika; Booking Link: MV Sachika||9.4||83||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES|
|Review Link: MV Emperor Serenity; Booking Link: MV Emperor Serenity||9.4||60||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES|
|Review Link: MV Soleil 2; Booking Link: MV Soleil 2||9.3||96||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES|
|Review Link: MV Emperor Atoll; Booking Link: MV Emperor Atoll||9.3||77||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES|
|Review Link: MV Azalea; Booking Link: MV Azalea||9.3||77||NO||YES||YES||YES||YES|
The Scuba Diving Earth Luxury Rating (SDE Lux Rating) is explained on each liveaboard review when you click the “Discover Liveaboard” link, and is my own Liveaboard Luxury Rating I’ve assigned to all liveaboards. Choosing between liveaboards is helped by customer scores, and if you get stuck choosing between two or three liveaboards, where each one has a high customer score out of 10, you can use the SDE Luxury Rating to help narrow down your choice.
Think about it like using Booking.com when searching for the best hotel. Booking.com also use a customer score where each customer rates hotels out of 10. This is similar to the liveaboard customer rating, which is also rated out of 10. But let’s say you only like to stay in hotels rated 8 and above on Booking.com, but you also want the hotel to have WIFI or parking, or to have a swimming pool etc. The features each hotel has is usually secondary to the score out of 10.
Scuba diving options on the Maldives Aggressor II liveaboard:
- Best of the Maldives – 8 days 7 nights. 18 dives in total. Open water certification required or similar + no minimum logged dives. The ‘Best of the Maldives diving. This includes areas of North Male, South Male, North Ari, South Ari, Vaavu and Rasdhoo. Which includes spectacular channel-drift dives, wrecks, pinnacles and night dives. You have the opportunity to see mantas, hammerheads, eagle rays, Napoleon wrasse, grey reef and white tip sharks, turtles and in the right season the chance to see whale sharks.
- Best of the Maldives – 11 days 10 nights. 27 dives in total. Open water certification required or similar + no minimum logged dives. With similar range and areas covered as the 8-day trip, but with more dives and time spent underwater.
You can check the availability and prices for this Boat here.
Maldives Aggressor II liveaboard review by customers
Scuba divers that have stayed on the Maldives Aggressor II comments include: Great diving experience!; Fantastic crew. My dive guide was awesome; A stunning experience; Manta’s, Whale Sharks, Air Conditioning;
Here’s a review by a customer who rated the Maldives Aggressor II 10 out of 10 and 5 stars:
Manta Manta!!! “We saw so many mantas and other rays (during day and night), all kinds of sharks, incl. wale sharks and octopoi! We did not expect to actually see so much! The channels are really fun! For rather inexperienced divers with now 41 dives, we felt always safe and really well taken care of.” Recommended for: Really professional and super friendly crew, amazing dive sites with amazement guarantee, awesome food.Moritz G, Germany
Video of Maldives Aggressor II liveaboard
I hope you enjoyed this article about the Maldives Aggressor II liveaboard review
I’d love to hear from you. Tell us about your adventures of diving and snorkelling. Please use the comments section below. Please also share your photos. Either from your underwater cameras or videos from your waterproof go-pro’s!
But in particular if you’ve dived either in the Maldives or in particular on the Maldives Aggressor II, please share your experiences.
If this article hasn’t answered all of your questions. If you have more questions either about snorkeling or scuba diving (or specifically about the Maldives Aggressor II liveaboard review), please comment below with your questions.
There will also be many more articles about scuba and scuba diving safety tips (and on snorkeling too) for you to read and learn about this fabulous sport.
Have fun and be safe!