Cheap diving liveaboards in Thailand
Thailand doesn’t just have great spicy food, but it also has great scuba diving to enjoy too. With some of the best diving in the world and with many diving liveaboards to choose from. This article looks at the best budget diving liveaboards in Thailand.
Six of the best budget diving liveaboards in Thailand includes one of which is rated 9.0 out of 10. The cheap liveaboards in this article have been chosen based upon being £100 ($130) or less per night.
6 of the best budget diving liveaboard Thailand
I have included below the best budget diving liveaboards leaving from Thailand. These are listed in order of cheapest first, but this list of 10 Labuan Bajo liveaboards are all on a budget.
- Manta Queen 7 liveaboard – Rated 8.6 out of 10 and Fabulous. Suitable for up to 22 guests across 10 cabins. Suitable for single or solo divers only.
- Manta Queen 5 liveaboard – Rated 8.5 out of 10 and Fabulous. Suitable for up to 22 guests across 11 cabins. Suitable for single or solo divers only.
- Manta Queen 8 Liveaboard – Rated 8.6 out of 10 and Fabulous. Suitable for up to 24 guests across 12 cabins. Catering for both couples and solo divers.
- Manta Queen 3 liveaboard – Rated 8.6 out of 10 and Fabulous. Suitable for up to 28 guests across 12 cabins. Catering for both couples and solo divers.
- Manta Queen 1 liveaboard – Rated 8.9 out of 10 and Fabulous. Suitable for up to 24 guests across 12 cabins. Catering for both couples and solo divers.
- Dolphin Queen liveaboard – Rated 9.0 out of 10 and Fabulous. Suitable for up to 22 guests across 8 cabins. Catering for both couples and solo divers.
Scuba dive Koh Similan – Koh Bon – Koh Tachai – Richelieu Rock – Koh Surin
The word “Koh” means “Island” in Thailand. For example Koh Similan is the Similan islands and Koh Bon is Bon Island, and so on.
With these budget liveaboards listed in this article, you can find yourself diving in one of the Thailand areas. With some of the best scuba diving in thew world, Thailand offers clear blue waters, that are warm year-round.
From cuttlefish and octopus to reef fish of every kind and of course manta rays. But if you’re lucky you may even spot a whale shark too. But you can also see other sharks in Thai waters together with large pelagic fish, through to seahorses and mantis shrimps See the video below for an example of what the diving is like in Thailand.
Scuba Diving in The Similan Islands, Koh Tachai and Richelieu Rock
A diving liveaboard in the Andaman Islands includes the jewel in the crown of Thailand; Similans and Richelieu. But in addition to this another top dive site includes the lush Surin Islands.
Richelieu Rock is on the top ten dive site list of famous scuba diver Jacques Cousteau.
More Reading: Top ten dive sites in the world by Jacques Cousteau
How to get to Thailand
The North Andaman liveaboard trips mostly depart from Khao Lak or Phuket. To get to Phuket is a one hour flight from Bangkok. Alternatively, you can get a direct international flight from Kuala Lumpur, Hong Kong or Singapore.
I hope you enjoyed this article about the best budget diving liveaboard Thailand
I’d love to hear from you. Tell us about your adventures of diving and snorkeling, in the comments below. Please also share your photos. Either from your underwater cameras or videos from your waterproof go-pro’s!
If this article hasn’t answered all of your questions. If you have more questions either about snorkeling or scuba diving (or specifically on the best budget diving liveaboard Thailand), please comment below with your questions.
There will also be many more articles about scuba and scuba diving safety tips (and on snorkeling too) for you to read and learn about this fabulous sport.
Have fun and be safe!