Cheap diving liveaboards from Labuan Bajo for Komodo
If you like the idea of watching stunning sun rises, followed by beautiful early morning dives and enjoy stunning underwater scenery. Then to watch a beautiful sunset followed by a night dive.
If you like the idea of an evening under the stars with no light pollution surrounded by the best that nature offers too. Then scuba diving Komodo National Park by liveaboard should be top of your list. One of the best ways to dive Komodo is to join a one of the best budget dive liveaboards from Labuan Bajo.
Ten of the best budget diving liveaboards in Labuan Bajo includes six dive liveaboards rated more than 9.0 out of 10. The cheap liveaboards in this article have been chosen based upon being under £300 ($390) per night, with some under £200 ($260) per night!
The Best budget diving liveaboard Labuan Bajo
I have included below the best budget diving liveaboards leaving from Labuan Bajo. These are listed in order of cheapest first, but this list of 10 Labuan Bajo liveaboards are all on a budget.
10 of the best budget diving liveaboards Labuan Bajo:
- Akomo Isseki liveaboard - Rated 9.4 out of 10 and Superb. A traditional hand-crafted wooden Phinisi boat. A small diving liveaboard for up to 8 guests across 4 cabins. Suited for single or solo divers.
- Sinar Pagi Liveaboard - Rated 8 out of 10 and Very Good. A traditional wooden Phinisi sailing boat. A dive liveaboard for up to 12 guests across 6 cabins. Built for both couples and single divers.
- Oceanic Liveaboard - Rated 9.4 out of 10 and Superb. A dive liveaboard for up to 12 guests across 6 cabins. Designed for both single divers and couples.
- Indo Aggressor liveaboard (Formerly Komodo Dancer) - Rated 8.4 out of 10 and Very Good. Designed for up to 16 guests across 8 cabins. For both solo divers and couples.
- Sea Safari VII liveaboard - Rated 9.6 out of 10 and Superb. A larger dive liveaboard for up to 28 guests across 14 cabins. Suitable for both solo divers and couples.
- Cheng Ho Liveaboard - Rated 8.8 out of 10 and Fabulous. Diving liveaboard for up to 24 guests across 14 cabins. An Indonesian wooden schooner for both solo divers and couples.
- Seamore Papua liveaboard - Rated 8.4 out of 10 and Very Good. A traditional Indonesian wooden Phinisi boat for up to 18 guests across 9 cabins. With cabins for both single and couples.
- Manta Mae liveaboard - Rated 9.2 out of 10 and Superb. A traditional Phinisi style boat for up to 9 guests across 3 cabins. Suitable for both single divers and couples.
- Amira liveaboard - Rated 8.7 out of 10 and Fabulous. A luxury liveaboard offering scuba diving for up to 19 guests across 10 cabins. Suitable for both singles and couples.
- Duyung Baru - Rated 9.4 out of 10 and Superb. A traditional Indonesian Phinisi boat for up to 6 guests across 3 cabins. For both solo and couple divers.
What to expect on a Labuan Bajo liveaboard dive trip
A large number of dive tours going to the Komodo National Park begin from Labuan Bajo. Labuan Bajo was once a small fishing but is now a popular tourist destination. It lies on the coast to the western end of the region of Flores, Indonesia.
For a taste of the scuba diving in Komodo National Park, take a look at the video below. In this video you'll see the Oceanic Mantas.
Komodo National Park - Diving with Oceanic Mantas on Manta Point
The diving in Komodo National Park not only allows you to get up close with schools of Manta Rays, but on the dusk or night dives at Palau Siaba you can watch the beautiful Mandarin fish perform their mating dance ritual (see video below). But then you can also get to walk with Komodo Dragons on Komodo island too.
More Reading: What Is Night Diving (21 Night Diving Tips)
Getting to Labuan Bajo
There are a number of ways to get to Labuan Bajo, but all require youto get to Bali in the first place. These are your choices:
- A three-day ferry from Bali port.
- Speed boat from Sape in Nussa Tenggra. This takes a few hours depending on sea conditions.
- Take a liveaboard dive cruise starting in Bali that finishes in Labuan Bajo.
- Take a flight from Bali to Komodo Airport.
- If you're on a real budget and if you're looking save money, fly to Bima and take the bus from there on to Labuan Bajo.
Komodo International Airport is an airport near the town of Labuan Bajo on the island of Flores in East Nusa Tenggara province, Indonesia. The proximity to the airport is what makes it a popular destination for tourists visiting Bali and other areas of Indonesia.
The town is the departure point for many of the park’s diving liveaboards, which I've included in this article and have been listed above. Many of these diving liveaboards depart from Labuan Bajo’s port.
I hope you enjoyed this article about budget liveaboard Labuan Bajo
I’d love to hear from you. Tell us about your adventures of diving and snorkeling, in the comments below. Please also share your photos. Either from your underwater cameras or videos from your waterproof go-pro’s!
If this article hasn’t answered all of your questions. If you have more questions either about snorkeling or scuba diving (or specifically on budget liveaboard Labuan Bajo), please comment below with your questions.
There will also be many more articles about scuba and scuba diving safety tips (and on snorkeling too) for you to read and learn about this fabulous sport.
Have fun and be safe!