If you are looking for a superb Red Sea diving safari, you can’t go wrong with one of the MY Odyssey Liveaboard. The luxury rating for the MY Odyssey liveaboard is 45.5 out of 75. For more on Red Sea luxury liveaboards, and the rating for MY Odyssey, please check the table on this post Red Sea Luxury Liveaboard: 7 Top Rated Egypt Liveaboards. This article highlights seven luxury Red Sea liveaboards, but also includes a table of all Red Sea liveaboards and their luxury rating.
The MY Odyssey Liveaboard is a 40 metre (131 feet) Red Sea diving safari boat for up to 26 scuba divers. With free Nitrox onboard to extend your dive times. Meals cater for all dietary requirements. 13 ensuite aircon cabins for couples and singles.
MY Odyssey Liveaboard overview
In this MY Odyssey Liveaboard review I take a look at what this dive boat offers for scuba divers. In the above image you’ll notice there have been 9 verified customer reviews. This has resulted in an overall review rating of 9.2 out of 10 and 4.5 stars. That’s a good review by any one’s standards and a great start for any scuba diver.
Here’s an example customer review of the MY Odyssey Liveaboard:
“Wonderful trip. The guide was so good that everyone could see the dolphins and the hammer shark close up. The beautiful caves of St. John’s were also wonderful. We were all satisfied when the crew were all settled down to eat and relax. Facilities of ship were good, too. Guides and crew take care of the passengers’ minor things.” Recommended for: Guides, Crews, diving operation.Red Sea MY Odyssey liveaboard customer review by Bomoon J from South Korea – courtesy of Liveaboard.com
Here is a list of what the MY Odyssey Liveaboard offers to scuba divers and why you should choose this liveaboard to enjoy your Red Sea, Egypt scuba diving trip.
MY Odyssey Liveaboard Features Table
|Feature||Advantage to You|
|Flexible booking||You can book with confidence knowing that this liveaboard offers a free trip reschedule within 24 months if you are unable to travel due to Covid-19 related restrictions.|
|Free nitrox available||Nitrox onboard means you'll benefit from the many advantages of nitrox diving, including extended bottom times. Especially important when you enjoy diving and you want to spend as long as possible underwater.|
|Nitrox Course||If you are not already Nitrox trained, you can take advantage of the onboard Nitrox course to benefit from Nitrox diving (an extra charge).|
|Dietary restrictions catered for||Relax knowing that whatever your dietary requirements, you can enjoy the food onboard, as the MY Odyssey Liveaboard will cater for any specific dietary requirement you have.|
|En-suite cabins (All 13 cabins)||You benefit from your own private en-suite bathroom so you can shower and get ready in comfort.|
|Aircon cabins (All 13 cabins)||You benefit from being able to choose the temperature of your cabin for complete comfort and a good night’s sleep.|
|Scuba gear rental||The benefit to you is you can travel light and simply rent all your scuba equipment onboard.|
|Includes The Best of the Red Sea diving||You benefit from the best of the Red Sea diving:
1. Marine Park North diving on the Brothers for the Numidia and the Aida wrecks, Daedalus Reef for hammerheads and Elphinstone for oceanic white tip sharks and hammerheads.
2. Deep south and St. Johns Reef, which offers the best the Red Sea has to offer where you might see hammerheads, tiger sharks, and fox sharks.
3. The Red Sea Golden Triangle: The Red Golden Triangle includes The Brothers, Elphinstone Reef and Daedalus Reef dive sites.
4. The best of Tiran.
|Sun deck||An advantage to those sun-lovers to relax and sun bathe between dives on the sun deck.|
|Free internet||If you want to make use of your phone using the FREE Wifi and internet, you can as it's free onboard.|
|Scuba diving courses||You benefit from being able to advance your diving skills with onboard scuba diving courses. These courses are an extra charge.|
|Available for charter||If you charter the Seawolf Dominator Liveaboard you have more flexibility over the diving and diver numbers (subject to max. diver numbers).|
|Din adaptors||If you have DIN regulators you don't have to worry, as they have DIN to Yoke regulator adaptors onboard.|
|Jacuzzi/Hot Tub and massage||Relax in-between dives in the onboard Jacuzzi / Hot Tub, or treat yourself to a massage to smooth away those aches and pains.|
Take a watch of this video taken on Elphinstone Reef of an Oceanic Whitetip shark so you know what you might expect.
What are the pros and cons of the MY Odyssey Liveaboard?
As with any scuba diving holiday booking, there are always pros and cons to take into consideration. Let’s take a look at the MY Odyssey Liveaboard pros and cons.
Pros of the MY Odyssey Liveaboard
- Flexible booking terms.
- Middle budget cost Egypt liveaboard.
- Free nitrox is available so you benefit from longer dive times.
- The MY Odyssey Liveaboard cost (see below) includes your drinking water, soft drinks, tea & coffee, full-board meal plan, snacks, diving package, cabin towels, and free Wifi internet.
- 7 night diving package includes up to 16 dives in total, which includes night dives.
- The meal package includes western and local food served buffet style.
- Specific dietary requirements are catered for, but you need to add this when you book your trip.
- The MY Odyssey liveaboard offers diving courses at an extra charge, which includes a nitrox course.
- Cabins are all en-suite and have aircon.
- There’s an onboard jacuzzi/hot tub and a massage service.
Cons of the MY Odyssey Liveaboard
- The snorkel gear is paid for.
- Alcoholic beverages are not included in your trip cost.
- Only 7-night trip itineraries to book.
Liveaboard.com legit company?
MY Odyssey Liveaboard cost and booking
To book a trip on the MY Odyssey Liveaboard, prices begin at £140 ($196/€165)* per person per day – cost right at the time of writing this article.
The cost of booking the MY Odyssey isn’t the cheapest Red Sea liveaboard, but then it’s also not the most expensive either.
You can book on the MY Odyssey Liveaboard by clicking here: Book the MY Odyssey Liveaboard.
The MY Odyssey liveaboard cost to book includes the following:
- Drinking water, tea & coffee and soft drinks.
- Full-board meal plan, which includes specific dietary requirements (but this must be requested at the time of booking) and snacks.
- All your diving on the 7-night diving package includes up to 16 dives in total, including night dives.
- Deck and cabin towels.
- Wifi internet.
- Complimentary toiletries.
- Land excursions.
- Airport transfers.
The MY Odyssey liveaboard cost to book excludes the following:
- Dive Insurance.
- Travel Insurance.
- National Park fees (The Brothers has a park fee to pay).
- Alcoholic beverages and wine with dinner.
- Optional gratuities.
- Scuba rental gear.
- Private dive guide.
- Scuba diving courses, including the nitrox course.
- Snorkel gear.
MY Odyssey Liveaboard discount code
If you are searching for a MY Odyssey Liveaboard discount code you are best to look out for the discounts Liveaboard.com offer on certain trips.
Also, take a read of this article about how to book a last minute Galapagos liveaboard cruise, as this shows you how the discounts show up when you come to book.
I hope you enjoyed this article about MY Odyssey Liveaboard Reviews
I’d love to hear from you. Tell us about your adventures of diving and snorkeling, in the comments below. But in particular if you’ve been on the MY Odyssey liveaboard. Please also share your photos. Either from your underwater cameras or videos from your waterproof go-pro’s!
If this article hasn’t answered all of your questions. If you have more questions either about snorkeling or scuba diving (or specifically on MY Odyssey Liveaboard Reviews), please comment below with your questions.
There will also be many more articles about scuba and scuba diving safety tips (and on snorkeling too) for you to read and learn about this fabulous sport.
Have fun and be safe!