The Carpe Novo, Maldives liveaboard – Overall review rating 9.3 out of 10 and 4.5 stars
If you’re set on scuba diving the Maldives, your next decision is whether you do resort based diving vs scuba dive from a liveaboard. But as you’re reading this Carpe Novo liveaboard review, it’s possibly safe to assume you intend to dive from a liveaboard.
Maldives MV Carpe Novo liveaboard review: A review of the Maldives MV Carpe Novo reveals a 43 metre (141 feet) custom-built boat for scuba divers. Sleeps 22 scuba divers across 12 cabins all with en-suites and air conditioning. Western and local food served buffet style indoors or alfresco. Dive trip itineraries of 8 days 7 nights or 11 days 10 nights.
Chance to see whale sharks, manta rays, eagle rays, turtles and more.
Features of Maldives MV Carpe Novo liveaboard
The features that are included with your stay on the Maldives Carpe Novo liveaboard are as follows:
- The Carpe Novo is a large scuba diving vessel and is 43 metres (141 feet) in length.
- Designed for up to 22 divers across 12 luxurious cabins.
- Cabins have private en-suite bathrooms, air conditioning, TV/DVD, charging ports and storage space.
- Warm water showers.
- A sun deck for those sun-worshippers who like to relax and enjoy sunbathing in-between dives.
- Food includes western style and local food and is served buffet fashion.
- There are vegetarian options and specific dietary requirements can be catered for.
- Indoor air conditioned saloon with bar and an out-door dining area.
- Paid-for internet.
- Free nitrox.
- Non-divers are welcome.
- Scuba diving facilities include: DIN adaptors, separate rinse for underwater cameras and scuba gear rentals.
Carpe Novo scuba diving
The diving from the MV Carpe Novo is second to non and was built for diving. On this large scuba diving liveaboard, you’ll be in the hands of experienced and professional crew. The diving is done from an 18 metre Dhoni.
Search for your favourite Maldives Liveaboard here:
Scuba diving options on the Carpe Novo liveaboard:
- Best of the Maldives – 8 days 7 nights. 18 dives in total. Advanced open water certification required or similar + 100 logged dives. There are a few options on their eight-day trips with the chance to see mantas, hammerheads, eagle rays, Napoleon wrasse, grey reef and white tip sharks, turtles and in the right season the chance to see whale sharks.
- Northern Hi-lights – 11 days 10 nights. 25 dives in total. Advanced Open water certification required or equivalent + 100 logged dives. One option of the 11-day liveaboard trip is to North Male-Baa-Raa-Baa, North Ari-South and Ari-Vaavu. One this slightly longer trip you have the chance to see similar underwater creatures as you do on the 8-day trip, only you’ll have longer to see things.
You can check the availability and prices for this Boat here.
Carpe Novo liveaboard review by customers
Scuba divers that have stayed on the Carpe Novo comments include: Great boat with an awesome crew; Recommended for Diving, food, and the company of the other divers; Amazing diving thanks to a fantastic crew; From deep channel dives to meet sharks/rays to macro reef dives through discovery dives (whale sharks, mantas, hammerhead).
Here’s a review by a customer who rated the Carpe Novo 10 out of 10 and five stars:
A truly awesome experience: “We had an amazing time on the Carpe Novo. The diving was incredible. We saw a whale shark, guitar fish, leopard shark and just about everything in between. The dive crew – Hussein, Kooky and Fish made us feel safe and we had a great time. The crew on board the dhoni were also wonderful. We were never hungry on the boat and the food was consistently good. Our cabin (Thresher Shark) was spacious and the a/c worked well for us. We also had good wifi throughout the trip. Thank you Carpe Novo! We can’t wait to come back!” Recommended for: Dive master, food, cabin.John H, United States
Video of Carpe Novo liveaboard
I hope you enjoyed this article about Carpe Novo liveaboard review
I’d love to hear from you. Tell us about your adventures of diving and snorkelling. Please use the comments section below. Please also share your photos. Either from your underwater cameras or videos from your waterproof go-pro’s!
But in particular if you’ve dived either in the Maldives or in particular on the MV Carpe Novo, please share your experiences.
If this article hasn’t answered all of your questions. If you have more questions either about snorkeling or scuba diving (or specifically about Carpe Novo liveaboard review), please comment below with your questions.
There will also be many more articles about scuba and scuba diving safety tips (and on snorkeling too) for you to read and learn about this fabulous sport.
Have fun and be safe!