The Maldives Emperor Virgo liveaboard – Overall review rating 9.1 out of 10 and 4.5 stars
If you’re set on scuba diving the Maldives, your next decision is whether you do resort based diving vs scuba dive from a liveaboard. But as you’re reading this Emperor Virgo liveaboard review, it’s possibly safe to assume you intend to dive from a liveaboard.
Maldives Emperor Virgo liveaboard review: A review of the Maldives Emperor Virgo liveaboard reveals a 32 metre (105 feet) custom-built boat for scuba divers. Sleeps 16 divers over 8 cabins with en-suites, air-con and some have sea views. Local + western food served buffet style indoors or alfresco with an air-con saloon and bar. Dive trips of 8 days 7 nights.
A great chance for you to see whale sharks and other sharks, manta rays, eagle rays, turtles wrecks and much much more.
Features of Maldives Emperor Virgo liveaboard
The Emperor Virgo is a floating luxury resort in the Maldives. She offers a a very big lavish dining room with bar and television for meals and relaxation.
The features that are included with your stay on the Maldives Emperor Virgo liveaboard are as follows:
- The Maldives Emperor Virgo liveaboard is 32 metres (105 feet) in length.
- Designed for up to 16 divers across 8 cabins.
- Cabins have private en-suite bathrooms and air conditioning, some with sea views and TVs and there’s daily housekeeping.
- Warm water showers.
- A leisure deck, and observation deck and a sun deck for those sun-worshippers who like to relax and enjoy sunbathing in-between dives.
- Food includes local and western style food and is served buffet style and can be eaten both indoors or outside alfresco style.
- Both wine and beer are available at an extra charge with a fine wine selection and wine with dinner.
- Specific dietary requirements can be catered for including vegetarian options.
- Non-diver friendly for snorkeling.
- Indoor air conditioned saloon with bar.
- Scuba diving facilities include: DIN adaptors, rebreather support, Free nitrox available, a camera station and separate underwater camera rinse station and equipment and scuba gear rentals.
- Paid-for internet.
You can check the Emperor Virgo liveaboard availability and prices here.
Maldives Emperor Virgo scuba diving review
The diving from the Maldives Emperor Virgo liveaboard has a superb review rating and she was custom-built for scuba diving.
On this scuba diving liveaboard, you’ll be in the hands of experienced and professional crew.
Search for your favourite Maldives Liveaboard here:
Table of Maldives liveaboards
This list of Maldives liveaboards is in descending customer rating order, followed by Scuba Diving Luxury Rating (SDE Lux Rating, see below), so the liveaboards with the highest customer rating and the best SDE lux rating will be at the top of the list. If you want to change the list order, use the “Sort by” dropdown below.
|Liveaboard main photo||Discover Liveaboard||Customer Review Rating Out of 10||SDE Lux Rating %||Flexible Booking||Dive Courses||Dietary Requirements||Nitrox||Gear Rental|
|Review Link: MV Scubaspa Yang; Booking Link: MV Scubaspa Yang||9.6||85||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES|
|Review Link: MV Emperor Explorer; Booking Link: MV Emperor Explorer||9.6||63||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES|
|Review Link: MV Theia; Booking Link: MV Theia||9.5||85||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES|
|Review Link: MY Princess Dhonkamana; Booking Link: MY Princess Dhonkamana||9.5||79||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES|
|Review Link: MV Scubaspa Ying; Booking Link: MV Scubaspa Ying||9.4||87||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES|
|Review Link: MV Sachika; Booking Link: MV Sachika||9.4||83||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES|
|Review Link: MV Emperor Serenity; Booking Link: MV Emperor Serenity||9.4||60||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES|
|Review Link: MV Soleil 2; Booking Link: MV Soleil 2||9.3||96||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES|
|Review Link: MV Emperor Atoll; Booking Link: MV Emperor Atoll||9.3||77||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES|
|Review Link: MV Azalea; Booking Link: MV Azalea||9.3||77||NO||YES||YES||YES||YES|
The Scuba Diving Earth Luxury Rating (SDE Lux Rating) is explained on each liveaboard review when you click the “Discover Liveaboard” link, and is my own Liveaboard Luxury Rating I’ve assigned to all liveaboards. Choosing between liveaboards is helped by customer scores, and if you get stuck choosing between two or three liveaboards, where each one has a high customer score out of 10, you can use the SDE Luxury Rating to help narrow down your choice.
Think about it like using Booking.com when searching for the best hotel. Booking.com also use a customer score where each customer rates hotels out of 10. This is similar to the liveaboard customer rating, which is also rated out of 10. But let’s say you only like to stay in hotels rated 8 and above on Booking.com, but you also want the hotel to have WIFI or parking, or to have a swimming pool etc. The features each hotel has is usually secondary to the score out of 10.
Scuba diving options on the Maldives Emperor Virgo liveaboard:
Examples of the dive itineraries on the Emperor Virgo liveaboard.
- Pelagic Magic – 8 days 7 nights trip. Approx. 21 dives in total. Open Water certification – No minimum logged dives required.
- Best of Maldives – 8 days 7 nights trip. Approx. 17 dives in total. Open Water certification – No minimum logged dives required.
Some of the diving in the Maldives are deep dives and up to 30 metres (98 feet), with currents so are drift dives and there are night dives too. But The Emperor Virgo is about including most experience levels of scuba diver. But also is great for beginners as there’s no minimum logged dives requirement.
On most of these trips divers will see a variety of marine life. This includes nudibranchs, Napoleon Wrasse, moray eels, large schools of reef fish, eagle rays, various shark species including grey reef and white tip sharks, turtles, manta rays and whale sharks. Plus there’s always that chance you could see a tiger shark too.
You will also get the opportunity on some trips to dive some of the most beautiful shipwrecks too.
You can check the Emperor Virgo liveaboard availability and prices here.
Maldives Emperor Virgo liveaboard review by customers
Scuba divers that have stayed on the Maldives Emperor Virgo liveaboard review comments include:
- Beyond expectations;
- Great dive trip!
- The boat was super clean and comfortable, and all of the crew went out of their way to make the trip special and enjoyable for everyone;
- Awesome, Manta ray trip;
- Amazing Trip and Diving with a very friendly crew;
- Grey reefsharks, nightdive with mantas, nursesharks;
- An extremely wonderful liveaboard experience with Virgo;
- We were lucky enough to see 17 Eagle rays swimming in formation, lots of sharks, turtles and rays as well as beatiful corals and so much fish life;
- Amazing diving, amazing boat & crew;
- We saw 6 species of sharks in one week and countless Mantas;
- Whale shark and hammerheads were to of my favorite along with the night dives with Mantas and Nurse Sharks.
There are so many great reviews for the Emperor Virgo, please click here to read them. If you weren’t already convinced how wonderful this top class liveaboard was before, then certainly after reading them all.
Here’s a review by a customer who rated the Maldives Emperor Virgo liveaboard 10 out of 10 and 5 stars:
Amazing trip! “We were lucky enough to see 17 Eagle rays swimming in formation, lots of sharks, turtles and rays as well as beatiful corals and so much fish life. The night dive with the Mantas was thrilling – as was the twilight dive with the nurse sharks. We couldn’t fault the crew and Dive Guides. The briefings were really good and health and safety was always a priority. It was our first liveaboard and we couldn’t have asked for more. The accommodation was excellent and the fantastic cocktails an added bonus. Thanks to Thomas and all the crew for making the week so special!!” Recommended for: The crew, the diving, the food.
Video of Maldives Emperor Virgo liveaboard
I hope you enjoyed this article about the Maldives Emperor Virgo liveaboard review
I’d love to hear from you. Tell us about your adventures of diving and snorkelling. Please use the comments section below. Please also share your photos. Either from your underwater cameras or videos from your waterproof go-pro’s!
But in particular if you’ve dived either in the Maldives or in particular on the Maldives Emperor Virgo liveaboard, please share your experiences.
If this article hasn’t answered all of your questions. If you have more questions either about snorkelling or scuba diving (or specifically about the Maldives Emperor Virgo liveaboard review), please comment below with your questions.
There will also be many more articles about scuba and scuba diving safety tips (and on snorkelling too) for you to read and learn about this fabulous sport.
Have fun and be safe!