The Maldives Carpe Diem liveaboard – Overall review rating 9.1 out of 10 and 4.5 stars
If you’re set on scuba diving the Maldives, your next decision is whether you do resort based diving vs scuba dive from a liveaboard. But as you’re reading this Carpe Diem liveaboard review, it’s possibly safe to assume you intend to dive from a liveaboard.
Maldives Carpe Diem liveaboard review: A review of the Maldives Carpe Diem liveaboard reveals a 35 metre (115 feet) custom-built boat for scuba divers. Sleeps 20 divers over 10 luxury cabins with en-suites and air-con. Western and local food served buffet style indoors and alfresco with a saloon and bar. Dive trips of 8 days 7 nights to 12 days 11 nights.
The chance to see whale sharks, manta rays, eagle rays and turtles.
Features of Maldives Carpe Diem liveaboard
The features that are included with your stay on the Maldives Carpe Diem One liveaboard are as follows:
- The Maldives Carpe Diem liveaboard is 35 metres (115 feet) in length.
- Designed for up to 20 divers across 10 luxurious cabins.
- Cabins have private en-suite bathrooms and air conditioning.
- Daily housekeeping.
- Warm water showers.
- A sun deck for those sun-worshippers who like to relax and enjoy sunbathing in-between dives.
- Food includes western style and local food and is served buffet fashion.
- Specific dietary requirements can be catered for including vegetarian options.
- Indoor air conditioned saloon with bar and a choice of indoor or outdoor alfresco dinning.
- Paid for internet.
- Non-divers are welcome.
- Free nitrox available.
- Scuba diving facilities include: DIN adaptors, separate rinse for underwater cameras and equipment and scuba gear rentals.
- Other leisure activities on board include fishing, Stand-Up-Paddle Board and there’s a Jet Ski.
Maldives Carpe Diem scuba diving
On this scuba diving liveaboard, you’ll be in the hands of experienced and professional crew.
Search for your favourite Maldives Liveaboard here:
Scuba diving options on the Maldives Carpe Diem liveaboard:
Examples of the dive itineraries on the Carpe Diem liveaboard.
- North Male – Ari – (Thaa) – Meemu – Vaavu – South Male – 11 days 10 nights trip. 27 dives in total. Advanced Open Water – 100 minimum logged dives required.
- North Male – Ari – Vaavu – South Male – 8 days 7 nights trip. 17 dives in total. Advanced Open Water – 100 minimum logged dives required.
- North Male – Lhaviyani – Baa – Raa – Noonu – North Ari – South Ari – 11 days 10 nights trip. 24 dives in total. Advanced Open Water – 100 minimum logged dives required.
On most of these trips divers will see a variety of marine life. This includes nudibranchs, moray eels, large schools of reef fish, eagle rays, various shark species, turtles, manta rays and whale sharks.
You can check the availability and prices for this Boat here.
Maldives Carpe Diem liveaboard review by customers
Scuba divers that have stayed on the Maldives Carpe Diem liveaboard comments include: Great dives and value! The dive sites were challenging yet fun to dive the crew made the trip totally memorable good food; The best diving experience ever; The crew did everything possible to make the trip special; We realised a dream to snorkel with whale sharks.
Here’s a review by a customer who rated the Maldives Carpe Diem liveaboard 10 out of 10 and 5 stars:
Awesome Dive trip! “The Crew of Carpe Diem were outstanding in every aspect. The were so capable and took such care of all the divers. They found us every marine animal we hoped to see and were professional but so friendly. They couldn’t do enough to make our vacation the best dive experience I’ve ever had. The boat Is beautiful, well equipped and so luxurious, havlnd the tender to dive from is such a pleasure and the Whale sharks and Mantas were everything I had hoped for. If you looking for an unsurpassed dive experience, go with Carpe Diem and her phenomenal crew!” Recommended for: The crew, the boat amenities and the Mantas.Christian G, United States
Video of Maldives Carpe Diem liveaboard
I hope you enjoyed this article about the Maldives Carpe Diem liveaboard review
I’d love to hear from you. Tell us about your adventures of diving and snorkelling. Please use the comments section below. Please also share your photos. Either from your underwater cameras or videos from your waterproof go-pro’s!
But in particular if you’ve dived either in the Maldives or in particular on the Maldives Carpe Diem liveaboard, please share your experiences.
If this article hasn’t answered all of your questions. If you have more questions either about snorkeling or scuba diving (or specifically about the Maldives Carpe Diem liveaboard review), please comment below with your questions.
There will also be many more articles about scuba and scuba diving safety tips (and on snorkeling too) for you to read and learn about this fabulous sport.
Have fun and be safe!