The Maldives Soleil 2 liveaboard – Overall review rating 9.3 out of 10 and 4.5 stars
If you’re set on scuba diving the Maldives, your next decision is whether you do resort based diving vs scuba dive from a liveaboard. But as you’re reading this Soleil 2 liveaboard review, it’s possibly safe to assume you intend to dive from a liveaboard.
Maldives Soleil 2 liveaboard review: A review of the Maldives Soleil 2 liveaboard reveals a large stable 44 metre (144 feet) custom-built boat for scuba divers. Sleeps 30 scuba divers over 15 cabins with en-suites and air conditioning. Western and local food served buffet style indoors and alfresco with a saloon and bar. Dive trips of 8 days 7 nights.
The chance to see whale sharks, manta rays, eagle rays, turtles and more.
Features of Maldives Soleil 2 liveaboard
The features that are included with your stay on the Maldives Soleil 2 liveaboard are as follows:
- The Maldives Soleil 2 is a large stable scuba diving vessel and is 44 metres (144 feet) in length.
- Designed for up to 30 divers across 15 luxurious cabins.
- Cabins have private en-suite bathrooms, air conditioning, TV/DVD, charging ports and storage space. Some cabins even have a balcony!
- Daily housekeeping and laundry service.
- Warm water showers.
- A sun deck for those sun-worshippers who like to relax and enjoy sunbathing in-between dives.
- Food includes western style and local food and is served buffet fashion.
- Specific dietary requirements can be catered for including vegetarian and vegan options.
- Indoor air conditioned saloon with bar with the option of outdoor alfresco dinning.
- Free internet.
- Nitrox available at an extra charge.
- Non-divers are welcome.
- Scuba diving facilities include: DIN adaptors, separate rinse for underwater cameras and equipment and scuba gear rentals.
- Kayaks and fishing on board.
- Jacuzzi, plus a spar, massage and yoga at an additional charge
Maldives Soleil 2 scuba diving
The diving from the spacious Maldives Soleil 2 is highly rated and she was custom-built for scuba diving. On this large stable scuba diving liveaboard, you’ll be in the hands of experienced and professional crew.
Search for your favourite Maldives Liveaboard here:
Scuba diving options on the Maldives Soleil 2 liveaboard:
- Ari, Vaavu to Thaa Atoll dive trips – 8 days 7 nights. 15 dives in total. Advanced open water certification required or similar + 10 minimum logged dives. The chance to see marine life that includes large schools of grey reef sharks, nurse sharks, big schools of snappers, jack fishers, fusiliers, barracudas and dogtooth tunas. You also see eagle rays, hawks-bill turtles, napoleon wrasse and of course the magnificent manta rays, and huge whale sharks.
You can check the availability and prices for this Boat here.
Maldives Soleil 2 liveaboard review by customers
Scuba divers that have stayed on the Maldives Soleil 2 comments include: Tiger sharks; Diving with tiger sharks, mantas and whale sharks; Best decision ever!!! Whale sharks at night!!! Amazing boat & friendly crew; Mantas, and the night dive with the nurse sharks.
Here’s a review by a customer who rated the Maldives Soleil 2 10 out of 10 and 5 stars:
Incredible experience. “Diving with tiger sharks, mantas and whale sharks. Amazing fish life on every reef. Incredible wall dives with tons of sharks. Boat owner and crew were amazing and super helpful and friendly, even in a period where the covid-19 was affecting their business. Food on the boat was very delicious as well!” Recommended for: Diving, crew and food.Cornelis E, Netherlands
Video of Maldives Soleil 2 liveaboard
I hope you enjoyed this article about the Maldives Soleil 2 liveaboard review
I’d love to hear from you. Tell us about your adventures of diving and snorkelling. Please use the comments section below. Please also share your photos. Either from your underwater cameras or videos from your waterproof go-pro’s!
But in particular if you’ve dived either in the Maldives or in particular on the Maldives Soleil 2, please share your experiences.
If this article hasn’t answered all of your questions. If you have more questions either about snorkeling or scuba diving (or specifically about the Maldives Soleil 2 liveaboard review), please comment below with your questions.
There will also be many more articles about scuba and scuba diving safety tips (and on snorkeling too) for you to read and learn about this fabulous sport.
Have fun and be safe!