The Maldives Sachika liveaboard – Overall review rating 9.2 out of 10 and 4.5 stars
If you’re set on scuba diving the Maldives, your next decision is whether you do resort based diving vs scuba dive from a liveaboard. But as you’re reading this Sachika liveaboard review, it’s possibly safe to assume you intend to dive from a liveaboard.
Maldives Sachika liveaboard review: A review of the Maldives Sachika liveaboard reveals a 33 metre (108 feet) custom-built boat for scuba divers. Sleeps 22 divers over 10 cabins with en-suites, air-con + some have sea views. Local + western food served buffet style or fine dinning with air-con saloon. Dive trips of 8 days 7 nights or 11 days 10 nights.
With a great chance for you to see whale sharks and other sharks, manta rays, eagle rays, turtles wrecks and much much more.
The best way to dive the Maldives is by a scuba diving liveaboard. You can check the latest and best deals on Maldives liveaboards using the following window:
Features of Maldives Sachika liveaboard
The Sachika is more than just a liveaboard boat. She is more like a floating hotel and spa with absolute luxury than just a normal Liveaboard boat.
The features that are included with your stay on the Maldives Sachika liveaboard are as follows:
- The Maldives Sachika liveaboard is 33 metres (108 feet) in length.
- Designed for up to 22 divers across 10 cabins.
- Cabins have private en-suite bathrooms and air conditioning, some with sea views and there’s daily housekeeping.
- Warm water showers.
- A leisure deck, and observation deck and a sun deck for those sun-worshippers who like to relax and enjoy sunbathing in-between dives.
- Food includes local and western style food and is served buffet style and as fine cuisine and can be eaten both indoors or outside alfresco style. Plus there’s a beach BBQ.
- There are welcome cocktails on arrival and both wine and beer are available at an extra charge with a fine wine selection.
- Specific dietary requirements can be catered for including both vegan and vegetarian.
- Non-diver friendly for snorkeling.
- Indoor air conditioned saloon with bar and a library.
- Scuba diving facilities include: DIN adaptors, paid-for nitrox available, a camera station and separate rinse area for your underwater camera and equipment and scuba gear rentals.
- Paid-for internet.
- Other activities include kayaks, fishing plus a Jacuzzi/hot tub.
- There’s a naturalist on board for naturalist itineraries.
- Family friendly with family cabins.
You can check the Sachika liveaboard availability and prices here.
Maldives Sachika scuba diving review
The diving from the Maldives Sachika liveaboard has a good review rating and she was custom-built for scuba diving.
On this scuba diving liveaboard, you’ll be in the hands of experienced and professional crew.
Search for your favourite Maldives Liveaboard here:
Table of Maldives liveaboards
This list of Maldives liveaboards is in descending customer rating order, followed by Scuba Diving Luxury Rating (SDE Lux Rating, see below), so the liveaboards with the highest customer rating and the best SDE lux rating will be at the top of the list. If you want to change the list order, use the “Sort by” dropdown below.
|Discover Liveaboard||Customer Rating||SDE Lux Rating %||Flexible Booking||Dive Courses||Dietary Requirements||Nitrox||Gear Rental|
|Review: MV Scubaspa Yang; Book: MV Scubaspa Yang||9.6||87%||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES|
|Review: MV Emperor Explorer; Book: MV Emperor Explorer||9.6||63%||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES|
|Review: MV Theia; Book: MV Theia||9.5||85%||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES|
|Review: MY Princess Dhonkamana; Book: MY Princess Dhonkamana||9.5||79%||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES|
|Review: MV Scubaspa Ying; Book: MV Scubaspa Ying||9.4||87%||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES|
|Review: MV Sachika; Book: MV Sachika||9.4||83%||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES|
|Review: MV Emperor Serenity; Book: MV Emperor Serenity||9.4||60%||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES|
|Review: MV Soleil 2; Book: MV Soleil 2||9.3||96%||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES|
|Review: MV Emperor Atoll; Book: MV Emperor Atoll||9.3||77%||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES|
|Review: MV Azalea; Book: MV Azalea||9.3||77%||NO||YES||YES||YES||YES|
The Scuba Diving Earth Luxury Rating (SDE Lux Rating) is explained on each liveaboard review when you click the “Discover Liveaboard” link, and is my own Liveaboard Luxury Rating I’ve assigned to all liveaboards. Choosing between liveaboards is helped by customer scores, and if you get stuck choosing between two or three liveaboards, where each one has a high customer score out of 10, you can use the SDE Luxury Rating to help narrow down your choice.
Think about it like using Booking.com when searching for the best hotel. Booking.com also use a customer score where each customer rates hotels out of 10. This is similar to the liveaboard customer rating, which is also rated out of 10. But let’s say you only like to stay in hotels rated 8 and above on Booking.com, but you also want the hotel to have WIFI or parking, or to have a swimming pool etc. The features each hotel has is usually secondary to the score out of 10.
Scuba diving options on the Maldives Sachika liveaboard:
Examples of the dive itineraries on the Sachika liveaboard.
- Best of Central Atolls: North Male, South Male, Felidhoo, Ari – 8 days 7 nights trip. Approx. 18 dives in total. Open Water certification – 30 minimum logged dives required.
- Best of Central Atolls: North Male, South Male, Felidhoo, Ari – 8 days 7 nights trip. Approx. 18 dives in total. Open Water certification – No minimum logged dives required.
- The Southest Borders of Maldives – 11 days 10 nights trip. Approx. 25 dives in total. Advanced Open Water Diver certification – No minimum logged dives required
Some of the diving in the Maldives are deep dives and up to 30 metres (98 feet), with currents so are drift dives and there are night dives too. But The Sachika is about including most experience levels of scuba diver.
On most of these trips divers will see a variety of marine life. This includes nudibranchs, Napoleon Wrasse, moray eels, large schools of reef fish, eagle rays, various shark species including grey reef and white tip sharks, turtles, manta rays and whale sharks.
You will also get the opportunity on some trips to dive some of the most beautiful shipwrecks too.
You can check the Sachika liveaboard availability and prices here.
Maldives Sachika liveaboard review by customers
Scuba divers that have stayed on the Maldives Sachika liveaboard review comments include:
- Diving with sharks, mantas, dolphins, turtles, rays and many more;
- Parade of sharks Mantas nigth dives fish factory;
- Loved everything about Sachika! Must go!!
- Manta rays, whale shark, reef and nurse sharks;
- Wow! Words can not describe this destination;
- Swimming with the whale-sharks, manta rays, fish factory;
- Wonderful trip with a wonderful team on a wonderful boat;
- Every dive was a shark dive!
- My best trip in Maldives.
- Amazing Maldives on Sachika
There are so many great reviews for the Sachika, please click here to read them. If you weren’t already convinced how wonderful this top class liveaboard was before, then certainly after reading them all.
Here’s a review by a customer who rated the Maldives Sachika liveaboard 10 out of 10 and 5 stars:
Perfect way to experience the Maldives. “This was the southern atoll trip, which is more challenging with very strong currents. We were able to be in deep open blue water with many large pelagic…non-stop! Oceanic sharks, mantas, whale sharks. The crew was excellent and a big help in the challenging conditions but the dives were totally awesome. Sachika is an amazing boat, with plenty of space, and the rooms were excellent. There is a dongi that follows the boat, so all dive gear is kept on that boat, which makes more room on the main boat. Food was always well prepared, varied, and great tasting. I was eating gluten free and had no problem with all of the choices for every meal. I would highly recommend this boat and would return to the Maldives for the northern atolls next time to be able to see those as well.” Recommended for: crew, diving, food.
Video of Maldives Sachika liveaboard
I hope you enjoyed this article about the Maldives Sachika liveaboard review
I’d love to hear from you. Tell us about your adventures of diving and snorkelling. Please use the comments section below. Please also share your photos. Either from your underwater cameras or videos from your waterproof go-pro’s!
But in particular if you’ve dived either in the Maldives or in particular on the Maldives Sachika liveaboard, please share your experiences.
If this article hasn’t answered all of your questions. If you have more questions either about snorkelling or scuba diving (or specifically about the Maldives Sachika liveaboard review), please comment below with your questions.
There will also be many more articles about scuba and scuba diving safety tips (and on snorkelling too) for you to read and learn about this fabulous sport.
Have fun and be safe!