The Maldives Nautilus Two liveaboard – Overall review rating 9.3 out of 10 and 4.5 stars
If you’re set on scuba diving the Maldives, your next decision is whether you do resort based diving vs scuba dive from a liveaboard. But as you’re reading this Nautilus Two liveaboard review, it’s possibly safe to assume you intend to dive from a liveaboard.
Maldives Nautilus Two liveaboard review: A review of the Maldives Nautilus Two liveaboard reveals a 43 metre (141 feet) custom-built boat for scuba divers. Sleeps 24 divers over 12 cabins with en-suites and air conditioning. Local food served buffet style indoors or alfresco with an air-con saloon and bar. Dive trips of 8 days 7 nights to 9 days 8 nights.
One of the best chances for you to see whale sharks and other sharks, manta rays, eagle rays, turtles wrecks and much much more.
The best way to dive the Maldives is by a scuba diving liveaboard. You can check the latest and best deals on Maldives liveaboards using the following window:
Features of Maldives Nautilus Two liveaboard
The features that are included with your stay on the Maldives Nautilus Two liveaboard are as follows:
- The Maldives Nautilus Two liveaboard is 43 metres (141 feet) in length.
- Designed for up to 24 divers across 12 cabins.
- Cabins have private en-suite bathrooms and air conditioning and there’s daily housekeeping and some have sea views.
- Warm water showers.
- An observation deck, a leisure deck and a sun deck for those sun-worshippers who like to relax and enjoy sunbathing in-between dives.
- Food includes local style food and is served buffet style both indoors and alfresco outside.
- Specific dietary requirements can be catered for.
- Non-diver friendly for snorkeling.
- Indoor air conditioned saloon with bar and a library.
- Scuba diving facilities include: DIN adaptors, paid-for nitrox available and equipment and scuba gear rentals.
- A separate rinse area for your underwater camera.
- Free internet.
- Other activities on board include fishing, kayaks and stand up paddleboard and a Jacuzzi/Hot tub.
You can check the Nautilus Two liveaboard availability and prices for this Boat here.
More Reading: How to book last minute liveaboard deals Maldives (Maldives diving deals)
Maldives Nautilus Two scuba diving review
The diving from the Maldives Nautilus Two liveaboard has a superb review rating and she was custom-built for scuba diving.
On this scuba diving liveaboard, you’ll be in the hands of experienced and professional crew.
Search for your favourite Maldives Liveaboard here:
Table of Maldives liveaboards
This list of Maldives liveaboards is in descending customer rating order, followed by Scuba Diving Luxury Rating (SDE Lux Rating, see below), so the liveaboards with the highest customer rating and the best SDE lux rating will be at the top of the list. If you want to change the list order, use the “Sort by” dropdown below.
|Discover Liveaboard||Customer Rating||SDE Lux Rating %||Flexible Booking||Dive Courses||Dietary Requirements||Nitrox||Gear Rental|
|Review: MV Scubaspa Yang; Book: MV Scubaspa Yang||9.6||87%||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES|
|Review: MV Emperor Explorer; Book: MV Emperor Explorer||9.6||63%||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES|
|Review: MV Theia; Book: MV Theia||9.5||85%||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES|
|Review: MY Princess Dhonkamana; Book: MY Princess Dhonkamana||9.5||79%||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES|
|Review: MV Scubaspa Ying; Book: MV Scubaspa Ying||9.4||87%||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES|
|Review: MV Sachika; Book: MV Sachika||9.4||83%||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES|
|Review: MV Emperor Serenity; Book: MV Emperor Serenity||9.4||60%||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES|
|Review: MV Soleil 2; Book: MV Soleil 2||9.3||96%||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES|
|Review: MV Emperor Atoll; Book: MV Emperor Atoll||9.3||77%||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES|
|Review: MV Azalea; Book: MV Azalea||9.3||77%||NO||YES||YES||YES||YES|
The Scuba Diving Earth Luxury Rating (SDE Lux Rating) is explained on each liveaboard review when you click the “Discover Liveaboard” link, and is my own Liveaboard Luxury Rating I’ve assigned to all liveaboards. Choosing between liveaboards is helped by customer scores, and if you get stuck choosing between two or three liveaboards, where each one has a high customer score out of 10, you can use the SDE Luxury Rating to help narrow down your choice.
Think about it like using Booking.com when searching for the best hotel. Booking.com also use a customer score where each customer rates hotels out of 10. This is similar to the liveaboard customer rating, which is also rated out of 10. But let’s say you only like to stay in hotels rated 8 and above on Booking.com, but you also want the hotel to have WIFI or parking, or to have a swimming pool etc. The features each hotel has is usually secondary to the score out of 10.
Scuba diving options on the Maldives Nautilus Two liveaboard:
Examples of the dive itineraries on the Nautilus Two liveaboard.
- Ari and South – 11 days 10 nights trip. Approx. 30 dives in total. Advanced Open Water certification – 40 minimum logged dives required.
- Ari and South – 9 days 8 nights trip. Approx. 24 dives in total. Advanced Open Water certification – 40 minimum logged dives required.
- Ari – 8 days 7 nights trip. Approx. 18 dives in total. Advanced Open Water certification – 40 minimum logged dives required.
- Best of Central Atolls (Male-Male) – 8 days 7 nights trip. Approx. 17 dives in total. Advanced Open Water certification – 40 minimum logged dives required.
- Snorkel Trip – Best of Central Atolls (Male-Male) – 8 days 7 nights trip. Approx. 1 dives in total. No certificate need – 1 minimum logged dives required.
Some of the diving in the Maldives are deep dives and up to 30 metres (98 feet), with currents so are drift dives and there are night dives too.
On most of these trips divers will see a variety of marine life. This includes nudibranchs, Napoleon Wrasse, moray eels, large schools of reef fish, eagle rays, various shark species including grey reef and white tip sharks, turtles, manta rays and whale sharks.
You will also get the opportunity on some trips to dive some of the most beautiful shipwrecks too.
You can check the Nautilus Two liveaboard availability and prices for this Boat here.
Maldives Nautilus Two liveaboard review by customers
Scuba divers that have stayed on the Maldives Nautilus Two liveaboard review comments include:
- Relaxing boat and fantasy diving;
- An amazing 11 days visiting the best Ari has to offer!
- A fantastic experience, highly recommended;
- Sharks on every dive, whale shark, Manta rays, guitar Ray, in short everything large and small;
- In my top ten dive vacations!!
- Whale shark visiting the stern one evening;
- 14 fabulous days spent aboard the Nautilus;
- The whale shark we saw at the end of the dive is an exceptional memory;
- We also saw manta rays, eagle rays, gray or white tip sharks, napoleons, dolphins, but also nudibranchs, pipefishes, beautiful corals.
More Reading: Maldives liveaboard single cabin (Maldives diving as a single person)
Here’s a review by a customer who rated the Maldives Nautilus Two liveaboard 10 out of 10 and 5 stars:
A magical experience touring the South Ari Atoll. “The diving was everything the Maldives promised and the Nautilus Two is as comfortable as a boat can get whilst remaining authentic. All dives were exciting and varied with one fantastic night dive which was the highlight of our trip. Just one comment: the boat should offer more night dives as there is so much to see after dark contrary to many other places around the world. A great experience all round so thank you to the whole crew.” Recommended for: Fantastic Dive guides (Ali and Shuhaan), Best night dive experience so far and great food.Tancredi M, United kingdom
Video of Maldives Nautilus Two liveaboard
More Reading: Liveaboard Maldives 3 days all inclusive (Maldives liveaboard diving trips)
I hope you enjoyed this article about the Maldives Nautilus Two liveaboard review
I’d love to hear from you. Tell us about your adventures of diving and snorkelling. Please use the comments section below. Please also share your photos. Either from your underwater cameras or videos from your waterproof go-pro’s!
But in particular if you’ve dived either in the Maldives or in particular on the Maldives Nautilus Two liveaboard, please share your experiences.
If this article hasn’t answered all of your questions. If you have more questions either about snorkelling or scuba diving (or specifically about the Maldives Nautilus Two liveaboard review), please comment below with your questions.
There will also be many more articles about scuba and scuba diving safety tips (and on snorkelling too) for you to read and learn about this fabulous sport.
Have fun and be safe!