The Emperor Explorer, Maldives liveaboard – Overall review rating 9.8 out of 10 and 5 stars
If you’re set on scuba diving the Maldives, your next decision is whether you do resort based diving vs scuba dive from a liveaboard. But as you’re reading this Emperor Explorer liveaboard review, it’s possibly safe to assume you intend to dive from a liveaboard.
Maldives Emperor Explorer liveaboard review: A review of the Emperor Explorer reveals a 42 metre (138 feet) luxury Maldives liveaboard. Sleeps 26 divers across 13 cabins all with en-suites and air-con. Western and local food served buffet style with a free glass of complimentary wine at dinner. Dive trips of 8 days 7 nights or 11 days 10 nights + free nitrox.
Chance to see whale sharks, manta rays, eagle rays and more.
Features of Maldives Emperor Explorer liveaboard
The features that are included with your stay on the Maldives Emperor Explorer liveaboard are as follows:
- The Emperor Explorer is 42 metres (138 feet) in length.
- Designed for up to 26 divers across 13 luxurious cabins.
- Cabins have private en-suite bathrooms, air conditioning, charging ports and storage space.
- Food includes western style and local food and is served buffet fashion. Free glass of wine with dinner.
- Air-conditioned saloon with bar.
- A sun deck for those sun-worshippers who like to relax and enjoy sunbathing in-between dives.
- On-board massage and spa for an additional fee.
- There are both vegan and vegetarian options.
- Paid-for internet.
- Free nitrox.
- Non-divers are welcome with a free snorkel kit provided.
- Scuba diving facilities include: DIN adaptors, separate rinse for underwater cameras and scuba gear rentals.
Emperor Explorer scuba diving
The diving from the Emperor Explorer is second to non. Not only will you be scuba diving from what is essentially a floating boutique hotel, but the diving will be amazing too. Scuba diving options:
- Best of the Maldives – 8 days 7 nights. 17 dives in total. Open water certification required or similar. Dive sites of North Male, South Male and Ari Atoll. Highlights include: Rasdhoo Atoll Hammerhead Dive; North Ari Atoll: Grey Reef Sharks, Maaya Thila Night Dive, Multiple Manta Cleaning Stations; South Ari Atoll and the chance to see whale sharks.
- Northern Hi-lights – 11 days 10 nights. 24 dives in total. Open water certification required or equivalent. Includes dive sites from best of Maldives, but also takes in Hanifaru & North itineraries with the ‘Northern Atolls. Highlights include a diverse marine mix of reef animals and corals, abundant macro life, marine turtles, manta rays and whale sharks.
You can check the availability and prices for this Boat here.
Emperor Explorer liveaboard review by customers
Scuba divers that have stayed on the Emperor Explorer comments include: Diving with manta rays and whale sharks; crew and diving guides were awesome; Great diving; Amazing value; As single female…I simply have no words to compliment enough the crew; Epic trip; Would dive with this boat and crew again!!
Here’s a review by a customer who rated the Emperor Explorer 10 out of 10 and five stars:
Amazing diving week in Maldives: “It was amazing diving trip. Nothing that you might consider to be different. Starting with the pick up from the airport and bringing us back there, everything was excellently organised. Boat is very comfortable with big dinning room, comfortable rooms and dedicated bathroom. Dhoni team was super helpful and facilitated nicely our diving. Gabriel and Maria did fantastic job orchestrating the trip and visiting beautiful places above and below the ocean surface. Entire crew was friendly and made our stay awesome. We saw everything we were dreaming for like: mantas, wale shark, reef sharks and much, much more… BBQ on th island was a cherry on the pie:-) Thank you Gabriel, Maria, Rich, Fish and entire crew for fantastic trip. It is life time memory.” Recommended for: Very comfortable boat. 2. Friendly and professional crew. 3. Fantastic dive sitesKrasimir S, from Bulgaria
Video of Emperor Explorer liveaboard
I hope you enjoyed this article about Maldives Emperor Explorer liveaboard review
I’d love to hear from you. Tell us about your adventures of diving and snorkelling. Please use the comments section below. Please also share your photos. Either from your underwater cameras or videos from your waterproof go-pro’s!
But in particular if you’ve dived either in the Maldives or in particular on the Emperor Explorer, please share your experiences.
If this article hasn’t answered all of your questions. If you have more questions either about snorkeling or scuba diving (or specifically about Maldives Emperor explorer liveaboard review), please comment below with your questions.
There will also be many more articles about scuba and scuba diving safety tips (and on snorkeling too) for you to read and learn about this fabulous sport.
Have fun and be safe!