The Maldives Blue Shark One liveaboard – Overall review rating 9.5 out of 10 and 5 stars
If you’re set on scuba diving the Maldives, your next decision is whether you do resort based diving vs scuba dive from a liveaboard. But as you’re reading this Blue Shark One liveaboard review, it’s possibly safe to assume you intend to dive from a liveaboard.
Maldives Blue Shark One liveaboard review: A review of the Maldives Blue Shark One liveaboard reveals a 30 metre (98 feet) custom-built boat for scuba divers. Sleeps 16 divers across 9 cabins with en-suites and air-con. Western and local food served buffet style indoors and alfresco with a saloon and bar. Dive trips of 8 days 7 nights to 15 days 14 nights.
The chance to see whale sharks, manta rays, eagle rays, turtles and also tiger sharks.
Features of Maldives Blue Shark One liveaboard
The features that are included with your stay on the Maldives Blue Shark One liveaboard are as follows:
- The Maldives Blue Shark One liveaboard is 30 metres (98 feet) in length.
- Designed for up to 16 divers across 9 luxurious cabins.
- Cabins have private en-suite bathrooms and air conditioning.
- Daily housekeeping.
- Warm water showers.
- A sun deck for those sun-worshippers who like to relax and enjoy sunbathing in-between dives.
- Food includes western style and local food and is served buffet fashion.
- Specific dietary requirements can be catered for including vegetarian options.
- Indoor air conditioned saloon with bar and a choice of outdoor dinning.
- Paid for internet.
- Non-divers are welcome.
- Scuba diving facilities include: DIN adaptors, separate rinse for underwater cameras and equipment and scuba gear rentals.
Maldives Blue Shark One scuba diving
The diving from the spacious Maldives Blue Shark One liveaboard is highly rated and she was custom-built for scuba diving. On this scuba diving liveaboard, you’ll be in the hands of experienced and professional crew.
Search for your favourite Maldives Liveaboard here:
Scuba diving options on the Maldives Blue Shark One liveaboard:
- Cruise – Snorkel and dive tour – 8 days 7 nights. 12 dives in total. Open water certification required or similar + no minimum logged dives. Easy diving for all levels of experience, including beginner divers. Divers will see a variety of marine life. This includes nudibranchs, moray eels, large schools of reef fish, eagle rays, various shark species, turtles, manta rays and whale sharks.
- Tiger Shark Special – 8 days 7 nights. On this trip there are 16 dives in total, where four can be at Tiger Zoo ($50 US extra per dive). Sometimes 15 or more different tiger sharks come up from the drop-off. Advanced Open Water – 80 minimum logged dives required.
- Deep South Explorer – Male-Gan/Addu – 15 days 14 nights. 37 dives in total. Advanced Open Water – 80 minimum logged dives required. Dive some of the best dive sites in the Maldives. In places the currents are strong and current hooks are sometimes used. On this trip you’ll see sharks (including the chance to see tiger sharks), manta rays, whale sharks, turtles and lots more.
You can check the availability and prices for this Boat here.
Maldives Blue Shark One liveaboard review by customers
Scuba divers that have stayed on the Maldives Blue Shark One liveaboard comments include: Awesome dive experience! Amazing!!! My only complaint on the trip is that I had to disembark the boat..?; Dove with a Whaleshark and it was amazing. Recommended for: Whale sharks, Mantas an nurse sharks.
Here’s a review by a customer who rated the Maldives Blue Shark One liveaboard 10 out of 10 and 5 stars:
Best experience ever. “We saw whaleshark, lots of mantarays, stingrays, eaglerays, different sharks, beautiful corals everything what is nice to see under Water? It was fun trying to dive in strong currents. Lucky we had reefhooks with us. The nightdive with mantarays was also very memorable:-) Nice and friendly crew and diveinstructors:-) can’t say anything negative about this trip. It was amazing all the way through:-)” Recommended for: divesites, food, divebriefing and of course the company:).Michelle B, Denmark
Video of Maldives Blue Shark One liveaboard
I hope you enjoyed this article about the Maldives Blue Shark One liveaboard review
I’d love to hear from you. Tell us about your adventures of diving and snorkelling. Please use the comments section below. Please also share your photos. Either from your underwater cameras or videos from your waterproof go-pro’s!
But in particular if you’ve dived either in the Maldives or in particular on the Maldives Blue Shark One liveaboard, please share your experiences.
If this article hasn’t answered all of your questions. If you have more questions either about snorkeling or scuba diving (or specifically about the Maldives Blue Shark One liveaboard review), please comment below with your questions.
There will also be many more articles about scuba and scuba diving safety tips (and on snorkeling too) for you to read and learn about this fabulous sport.
Have fun and be safe!