The Indonesia Gaia Love liveaboard – Overall review rating 9.6 out of 10 and 5 stars
Are you’re set on scuba diving the reefs and waters of Indonesia? If you are, your next decision is whether you select resort based diving vs scuba dive from a liveaboard. But considering the fact you are reading this Gaia Love liveaboard review, it’s possibly safe to assume you intend to dive from a liveaboard.
Indonesia Gaia Love liveaboard review in 20 seconds…
This 40 metre (131 feet) Indonesia liveaboard accommodates up to 22 scuba divers across 11 cabins. The Indonesia Gaia Love liveaboard was custom-built for scuba divers and has cabins with en-suite bathrooms, air conditioning and some have sea views. Western and local style food served buffet style and fine cuisine, with an air-conditioned saloon and bar on board. The scuba diving includes itineraries of 7 days 6 night to 12 days 11 nights offering some of the best diving in Indonesia. You’ll have the chance to see many types of shark, manta rays, Mobular rays, turtles, whales, dugongs and much much more.
Features of Indonesia Gaia Love cabin and deck
The Gaia Love offers liveaboard dive trips to Indonesia from 7-day 6-night to 12-day 11-night diving and snorkeling to the likes of Raja Ampat north & south, Komodo National Park, the Banda Sea and the Lesser Sunda Islands. If you want a luxury diving experience in Indonesia, this is the dive boat to choose.
The features that are included with your stay on the Indonesia Gaia Love liveaboard are as follows:
- The Indonesia Gaia Love liveaboard is 40 metres (131 feet) in length.
- Designed for up to 22 divers across 11 cabins.
- Cabins have air conditioning, en-suite bathrooms, wardrobes for storage, TVs some with sea views with daily housekeeping and a laundry service.
- There’s an observation deck, a leisure deck and a sun deck for those who love to sunbathe.
- Warm water showers.
- Western and local style food is served buffet style and fine cuisine. Dinning is served alfresco dining or as indoor dinning. Plus all day snacks.
- Wine and beer is available at an extra charge and there’s free wine with dinner and a fine wines selection. Plus free soft drinks.
- Specific dietary requirements can be catered for including vegetarian and vegan options.
- Non-diver friendly for snorkeling.
- Indoor air conditioned saloon and bar with audio and entertainment and a library.
- Scuba diving facilities include: DIN adaptors, paid-for nitrox available, sidemount diving, a camera station with a separate rinse area for underwater cameras and equipment and scuba gear rentals.
- Paid-for internet.
- There’s a naturalist guide on board.
- You can have a massage as an optional extra.
- For extra fun there are kayaks on board.
You can check the Gaia Love liveaboard availability and prices here.
Indonesia Gaia Love scuba diving review
On this scuba diving liveaboard, you’ll be in the hands of experienced and professional crew.
Search for your favourite Indonesia Liveaboard here:
Scuba diving options on the Indonesia Gaia Love liveaboard:
Examples of the dive itineraries on the Gaia Love liveaboard.
- Banda Seas (Ambon-Ambon) – 12 days 11 nights trip. Approx. 30 dives in total. Advanced Open Water Diver – 50 minimum logged dives required.
- Banda Arc Crossing (Ambon-Maumere) – 12 days 11 nights trip. Approx. 30 dives in total. Open Water Diver – 10 minimum logged dives required.
- Lesser Sunda (Maumere-Labuan Bajo) – 9 days 8 nights trip. Approx. 21 dives in total. Open Water Diver – 10 minimum logged dives required.
- Komodo (Labuan Bajo – Labuan Bajo) – 8 days 7 nights trip. Approx. 20 dives in total. Open Water Diver – 10 minimum logged dives required.
- Bima, Sangeang, Komodo (Bima-Labuan Bajo) – 10 days 9 nights trip. Approx. 24 dives in total. Open Water Diver – 10 minimum logged dives required.
- Ambon – Banda (Ambon-Ambon) – 10 days 9 nights trip. Approx. 24 dives in total. Advanced Open Water Diver – 50 minimum logged dives required.
- Ambon-Koon-South Raja (Ambon-Sorong) – 12 days 11 nights trip. Approx. 30 dives in total. Open Water Diver – 10 minimum logged dives required.
- Lesser Sunda (Labuan Bajo – Maumere) – 7 days 6 nights trip. Approx. 15 dives in total. Open Water Diver – 10 minimum logged dives required.
The diving in Indonesia
The diving in Indonesia is varied and interesting with some deep dives, which can be up to 30 metres (98 feet) and there are night dives too. The Gaia Love is about including most experience levels of scuba diver. From the above trips these include both Open Water and Advance Open Water divers or similar diver certification.
On most of these dive trips divers will see a variety of marine life. This includes bump head wrasse, snapper, blunt head parrotfish, nudibranchs, pygmy seahorses, moray eels, snake eels, frog fish, octopus, large schools of reef fish and turtles. Various shark species including grey reef sharks, thresher, black tips, silver tip sharks, hammerheads, wobbegong shark, epaulet sharks, tiger sharks, bull sharks and the occasional whale shark. Rays which include eagle rays, manta rays, marble rays and Mobular rays. Plus there’s is the chance you’ll see pilot whales, the occasional migrating blue whale, dolphins and dugongs.
Depending on the trip you choose will depend on the prominence and variety of sea-life you will see. You may also get the opportunity on some trips to dive the most beautiful shipwrecks of Indonesia too.
You can check the Gaia Love liveaboard availability and prices here.
Indonesia Gaia Love liveaboard review by customers
Scuba divers that have stayed on the Indonesia Gaia Love liveaboard review comments include:
- Best Liveaboard & Crew;
- We had the best time despite the circumstances of being one of the last Liveaboards before covid19 pandemic;
- This Liveaboard was top notch and it would be hard trip to top!
- The BEST scuba diving experience of my lifetime!
- Amazing week in an amazing underwater-world! The crew, the boat, the service, the diving was fabulous!!!
- This trip was beyond my expectations;
- I saw a crocodile fish and a wobegone shark;
- Luxurious and bucket list diving;
Customer reviews from around the globe
There are many great reviews from all around the World. This includes from the UK to the United States of America and Canada. To see more of the Gaia Love reviews please click here to read them.
Here’s a review by a customer who rated the Indonesia Gaia Love liveaboard 10 out of 10 and 5 stars:
Incredible! “This trip was beyond my expectations. The food was perfect, the boat beautiful and comfortable, the crew lovely and competent, diving fantastic, everything wonderful. I hope to return again and again for any of their dives. I wish I could live on this boat!!” Recommended for: The crew, the boat and the absolutely pristine reefs.Kendra P, United States of America
Video of Indonesia Gaia Love liveaboard
I hope you enjoyed this article about the Indonesia Gaia Love liveaboard review
I’d love to hear from you. Tell us about your adventures of diving and snorkelling. Please use the comments section below. Please share your underwater photos and videos. Either from your underwater cameras or videos from your waterproof go-pro’s!
If you’ve dived in Indonesia and in particular on the Indonesia Gaia Love liveaboard, please share your experiences.
If this article hasn’t answered all of your questions, or if you have more questions either about snorkelling or scuba diving (or specifically about the Indonesia Gaia Love liveaboard review), please comment below with your questions.
There will also be many more articles about scuba and scuba diving safety tips (and on snorkelling too) for you to read and learn about this fabulous sport.
Have fun and be safe! #Indonesia liveaboard diving