The Australia Ocean Quest liveaboard – Overall review rating 9.0 out of 10 and 4.5 stars
If you’re set on scuba diving Australia’s Great Barrier Reef, your next decision is whether you do resort based diving vs scuba dive from a liveaboard.
But as you’re reading this Ocean Quest liveaboard review, it’s possibly safe to assume you intend to dive from a liveaboard.
Australia Ocean Quest liveaboard review: A review of the Australia Ocean Quest liveaboard reveals a 36 metre (118 feet) custom-built boat for scuba divers. Sleeping 48 scuba divers over 23 cabins with en-suites, air-con and some have sea views. Western food served buffet style with an air-conditioned saloon. Dive trips of 2 days 1 night to 6 days 5 nights.
Features of Australia Ocean Quest cabin and deck
The Ocean Quest offers liveaboard dive trips to the Outer Great Barrier Reef from 2-day 1-night to 6-day 5-night diving and snorkeling out of Cairns.
These dive liveaboards are ideal for diving the Great Barrier Reef on a budget and the time-conscious diver looking for a short dive trip or a slightly longer trip.
The features that are included with your stay on the Australia Ocean Quest liveaboard are as follows:
- The Australia Ocean Quest liveaboard is 36 metres (118 feet) in length.
- Designed for up to 48 divers across 23 cabins.
- Cabins have air conditioning, en-suite bathrooms, wardrobes for storage some with sea views with daily housekeeping.
- Western style food is served buffet style.
- Beer is available at an extra charge.
- Specific dietary requirements can be catered for including vegetarian.
- Non-diver friendly for snorkeling.
- Indoor air conditioned saloon and library.
- Scuba diving facilities include: paid-for nitrox available and equipment and scuba gear rentals.
You can check the Ocean Quest liveaboard availability and prices here.
Australia Ocean Quest scuba diving review
On this scuba diving liveaboard, you’ll be in the hands of experienced and professional crew.
Search for your favourite Australia Liveaboard here:
Scuba diving options on the Australia Ocean Quest liveaboard:
Examples of the dive itineraries on the Ocean Quest liveaboard.
- 2D/1N Ocean Quest – 2 days 1 nights trip. Approx. 6 dives in total. Open Water Diver – 4 minimum logged dives required.
- 3D/2N Ocean Quest – 3 days 2 nights trip. Approx. 10 dives in total. Open Water Diver – 4 minimum logged dives required.
- 4D/3N Ocean Quest – 4 days 3 nights trip. Approx. 14 dives in total. Open Water Diver – 3 minimum logged dives required.
- 5D/4N Ocean Quest – 5 days 4 nights trip. Approx. 18 dives in total. Open Water Diver – 3 minimum logged dives required.
- 6D/5N Ocean Quest – 6 days 5 nights trip. Approx. 22 dives in total. Open Water Diver – 4 minimum logged dives required.
The diving on the Great Barrier Reef
The diving on Australia’s Great Barrier Reef is varied and interesting with some deep dives, which can be up to 30 metres (98 feet) and there are night dives too. But The Ocean Quest is about including most experience levels of scuba diver.
On most of these dive trips divers will see a variety of marine life. This includes nudibranchs, Napoleon Wrasse, cod fish, moray eels, large schools of reef fish, eagle rays, various shark species including grey reef and white tip sharks, turtles, manta rays and the occasional whale sharks. Plus there’s always that chance you could see a bull shark or a tiger shark too. Plus of course the chance to see a Dwarf Minke Whale or humpback whales and coral spawning at the right time of year on the GBR!
You will also get the opportunity on some trips to dive some of the most beautiful shipwrecks too.
You can check the Ocean Quest liveaboard availability and prices here.
Australia Ocean Quest liveaboard review by customers
Scuba divers that have stayed on the Australia Ocean Quest liveaboard review comments include:
- Good experience. Staff are very helpful and supportive if you forget things;
- So good I immediately booked a follow-up trip!
- an amazing experience;
- Recommended for: the food, the equipment on board, a great service;
- Great live aboard experience!
- Great experience and a must do;
- Awesome Experience!!
- An absolutely fantastic week spent out on the Great Barrier Reef;
- Great trip, would go it again in a heartbeat;
- Very fun! Diving was amazing, crew was professional and fun.
Australia Ocean Quest customer reviews from around the globe
There are so many great reviews from all around the World, from the UK to the United States of America, Canada, Sweden, Spain, Denmark, Germany, Venezuela, India, Malta, Syria, Greece, Brazil, France, Italy, Israel, Ireland, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Belgium, Indonesia, Czech Republic, Romania, Malaysia, South Korea, Finland, Norway, Taiwan, Bulgaria, Hong Kong, Singapore, Russia, Poland, Ukraine, Columbia, Austria, Mexico, Switzerland and divers from Australia itself.
To see more of the Ocean Quest reviews please click here to read them. If you weren’t already convinced how wonderful this top class liveaboard was before, then certainly after reading them all.
Here’s a review by a customer who rated the Australia Ocean Quest liveaboard 10 out of 10 and 5 stars:
Exceeded Expectations. “The diving. Hands down. First time visiting the Great Barrier Reef and my husband and I were blown away. That aside however, our experience with Ocean Quest exceeded all expectations. The accommodations were very comfortable. Cabins were actually quite spacious, the en suite was a lovely touch, and the beds were heavenly comfortable. Especially after a full day of dives.
The food was very reasonable and the crew friendly, chipper, and very accommodating. The curriculum throughout the day leaves pockets of downtime but most of the time you do find yourself engaged somehow. We basically never felt like we were waiting around for the next thing but instead welcomed the hour or so pockets of downtime. We did the Shark Experience as well which was a really nice experience as an alternate do doing a night dive (had some ear problems earlier so decided to sit the night dive out). You have the option of diving with a buddy or hiring a guide...
.” Recommended for: Comfortable cabins, great crew, amazing divingSvetlana G, United States – click this link to read the rest of their review
Video of Australia Ocean Quest liveaboard
I hope you enjoyed this article about the Australia Ocean Quest liveaboard review
I’d love to hear from you. Tell us about your adventures of diving and snorkelling. Please use the comments section below. Please also share your photos. Either from your underwater cameras or videos from your waterproof go-pro’s!
But in particular if you’ve dived either in Australia or in particular on the Australia Ocean Quest liveaboard, please share your experiences.
If this article hasn’t answered all of your questions. If you have more questions either about snorkelling or scuba diving (or specifically about the Australia Ocean Quest liveaboard review), please comment below with your questions.
There will also be many more articles about scuba and scuba diving safety tips (and on snorkelling too) for you to read and learn about this fabulous sport.
Have fun and be safe!