MV Miss Moon liveaboard review reveals an 18m (60 foot) wooden mono-hulled liveaboard dive boat. This boat offers inexpensive dive cruises in Myanmar (Burma) from the Thai port of Ranong.
The MV Miss Moon Liveaboard offers fantastic diving trips to Thailand and Myanmar (Burma). With fabulous reviews and an 8.7 out of 10 customer review rating you can’t go wrong. MV Miss Moon Liveaboard is a small dive boat and caters for up to 10 guests across 5 cabins and is available for charter.
The best way to dive Myanmar is by a scuba diving liveaboard. You can check the latest and best deals on Myanmar liveaboards using the following window:
At a glance the MV Miss Moon liveaboard dive boat offers the following features:
- The MV Miss Moon is an 18 metre (60 feet) mono-hulled motor yacht.
- The MV Miss Moon cruises to Burma South, and the Mergui Archipelago.
- Maximum number of guests is 10, which allows for personal attention. This also ensures only a small group of divers on each dive site.
- Scuba diving from the RV Miss Moon is like diving as a family. Not considered a luxury liveaboard dive boat. Most of the facilities are shared and the guests are treated like a family.
- The maximum dives for a 5 night trip are 19 and for a 7 night trip is 27 dives.
- Recommended to wear basic skin protection or a 3mm wetsuit.
- There are hot water showers for rinsing off after each dive.
- Only the Master cabin has an en-suite bathroom and air conditioning. The other cabins share facilities and are cooled by fans and the tropical breezes.
- There’s always plenty of tasty food on board, which features a variety of Thai Burmese and international/European cuisine. All meals are served buffet style. There’s a pre-breakfast before each morning dive. Then main breakfast, lunch, snacks and dinner.
- Price includes fruit, soft drinks, drinking water, tea and coffee with biscuits.
- There is a grass sun deck with a self-service bar on the top deck. Where alcoholic drinks such as beer, spirits and cocktails are an extra charge.
- Best to fly internationally to Bangkok and then on to Ranong in Thailand.
MV Miss Moon Liveaboard Reviews by customers
“Fantastic diving, fantastic food and fantastic crew. The diving was great despite the visibility not being perfect. Some key sightings were big nurse sharks, a bamboo shark and plenty of long-snout shovelnose rays. Some non-diving highlights were the starry night on the way to Burma Banks and dolphins playing at the front of the boat on the way back. The boat was very comfortable. Only 4 out of 5 stars were rated due to us picky guests not enjoying the mattress creating a pinching (Master cabin mattress foldable in half potentially placed in the wrong direction). We can really recommend to book your dive adventure with Miss Moon to enjoy experienced guides, fantastic food and great diving in Myanmar.” Recommended for: Yummy food, great diving, good organization.Tina B of Sweden – Review rate 9.6 out of 10 on Liveaboard.com
“Fabulous. Saw a Bull shark and so many rays. Octopus, turtles and countless species of fish . Black rock dive 6 eagle rays and 2 playing marble rays. Great visibility. Preben and his crew are just world class!!!! Best trip ever.” Recommended for: Diving, Crew , food.Karsten R of Denmark – Review rate 10 out of 10 on Liveaboard.com
“Great trip! Previn and the Miss Moon crew really showed us a great time. The diving was fantastic, and the experience as a whole was even better. Visiting the islands was incredible, the sights were great, and downtime between dives was made fun by a great staff and great food. Couldn’t recommend more highly.” Recommended for: The food, the dive sites, and the island experience.Luke L of United States – Review rate 9.2 out of 10 on Liveaboard.com
MV Miss Moon Liveaboard Review inside the boat
A few photos from inside the MV Miss Moon Liveaboard. The MV Miss Moon liveaboard includes a master cabin with ensuite bathroom, three bunk-bed cabins and one standard double sharing bathroom and toilet facilities. If you like to dive in luxury the Master Cabin includes air-conditioning a TV and wardrobe/closet. But this comes at an addition cost.
Table of Myanmar liveaboards
This list of Myanmar liveaboards is in descending customer rating order, followed by Scuba Diving Luxury Rating (SDE Lux Rating, see below), so the liveaboards with the highest customer rating and the best SDE lux rating will be at the top of the list. If you want to change the list order, use the “Sort by” dropdown below.
The Scuba Diving Earth Luxury Rating (SDE Lux Rating) is explained on each liveaboard review when you click the “Discover Liveaboard” link, and is my own Liveaboard Luxury Rating I’ve assigned to all liveaboards. Choosing between liveaboards is helped by customer scores, and if you get stuck choosing between two or three liveaboards, where each one has a high customer score out of 10, you can use the SDE Luxury Rating to help narrow down your choice.
Think about it like using Booking.com when searching for the best hotel. Booking.com also use a customer score where each customer rates hotels out of 10. This is similar to the liveaboard customer rating, which is also rated out of 10. But let’s say you only like to stay in hotels rated 8 and above on Booking.com, but you also want the hotel to have WIFI or parking, or to have a swimming pool etc. The features each hotel has is usually secondary to the score out of 10.
I hope you enjoyed this article about MV Miss Moon Liveaboard Review
If this article hasn’t answered all of your questions. If you have more questions either about snorkelling or scuba diving (or specifically about MV Miss Moon Liveaboard Review), please comment below with your questions.
There will also be many more articles about scuba and scuba diving safety tips (and on snorkelling too) for you to read and learn about this fabulous sport.
Have fun and be safe!