If you like liveaboard diving, or even if you’ve not dived from a liveaboard before now, but you want to find the the best dive liveaboards for diving with bull sharks, this article contains all worldwide dive liveaboards where you have a chance to see bull sharks.
There are 184 dive liveaboards that offer the chance to dive with bull sharks, which include the Virgin Islands, Costa Rica, Thailand, the Solomon Islands, Indonesia, the Maldives, Micronesia, the Bahamas, Fiji and Cuba.
The best way to dive anywhere in the world is by a scuba diving liveaboard. You can check the latest and best deals on liveaboards using the following window:
Of the above dive liveaboard locations to dive with bull sharks, the following offer the most chances to see these magnificent creatures.
Where can you dive with bull sharks?
- Bull shark diving liveaboards in the Bahamas – Bull sharks are found at Tiger Beach in the Bahamas. This dive site is where sharks are fed which brings the sharks to this shallow dive area, which is where you will also experience tiger sharks and hammerheads too.
- Bull shark diving liveaboards in Costa Rica – The Bat Islands of Costa Rica are known for large number of resident bull sharks and can be seen by visiting Guanacaste Island. The dive site is “Big Scare“, which can have strong currents and dive depths up to 30 metres, which means this is only suitable for advanced divers.
- Bull shark diving liveaboards in Fiji – Fiji is know for divers seeing bull sharks, and if you don’t see bull sharks on your Fiji dive liveaboard, you should dive Beqa Lagoon which is known for numerous bull sharks.
- Micronesia dive liveaboards for bull sharks – Peleliu in Palau is the place to visit for the best chance of seeing bull sharks and also tiger sharks. Peleliu is for experienced divers only due to the strong currents there.
- Bull shark dive liveaboards Australia – The S.S. Yongala is one of Australia’s premier wreck dives and is home to bull sharks. The best liveaboard to dive the S.S. Yongala is on Australia liveaboard Spoilsport.
- Bull shark dive liveaboard Koh Tao Thailand – Koh Tao is a place populated with bull sharks for divers to enjoy.
Having listed the above top places for diving with bull sharks, the following table of dive liveaboards are those where you also have a chance to see bull sharks too.
Table of dive liveaboards for diving with bull sharks
The following table of dive liveaboards for diving with bull sharks is in descending customer rating order, followed by Scuba Diving Luxury Rating (SDE Lux Rating, see below), so the liveaboards with the highest customer rating and the best SDE lux rating will be at the top of the list. If you want to change the list order, use the “Sort by” dropdown below.
|Discover Liveaboard||Country||Customer Rating||SDE Lux Rating %||Sharks|
|Review: MV Seaisee; Book: MV Seaisee||Indonesia||10||90%||Blacktip Reef Sharks, Bull Sharks, Epaulette Shark, Grey Reef Sharks, Leopard Shark, Scalloped Hammerhead Sharks, Short Fin Mako Sharks, Silky Sharks, Silver Tip Sharks, Thresher Sharks, Tiger Sharks, Whale Sharks, Whitetip Reef Sharks, Wobbegong Shark, Zebra Shark|
|Review: Scubaspa Zen; Book: Scubaspa Zen||Indonesia||10||88%||Blacktip Reef Sharks, Bull Sharks, Epaulette Shark, Grey Reef Sharks, Leopard Shark, Scalloped Hammerhead Sharks, Short Fin Mako Sharks, Silky Sharks, Silver Tip Sharks, Thresher Sharks, Tiger Sharks, Whale Sharks, Whitetip Reef Sharks, Wobbegong Shark, Zebra Shark|
|Review: Jardines Avalon Fleet - Charter Only; Book: Jardines Avalon Fleet - Charter Only||Cuba||10||83%||Blacktip Reef Sharks, Bull Sharks, Great Hammerhead Sharks, Grey Reef Sharks, Nurse Sharks, Silky Sharks, Whale Sharks|
|Review: Jardines Avalon Fleet; Book: Jardines Avalon Fleet||Cuba||10||83%||Blacktip Reef Sharks, Bull Sharks, Great Hammerhead Sharks, Grey Reef Sharks, Nurse Sharks, Silky Sharks, Whale Sharks|
|Review: Jakaré; Book: Jakaré||Indonesia||10||81%||Blacktip Reef Sharks, Bull Sharks, Epaulette Shark, Grey Reef Sharks, Leopard Shark, Scalloped Hammerhead Sharks, Short Fin Mako Sharks, Silky Sharks, Silver Tip Sharks, Thresher Sharks, Tiger Sharks, Whale Sharks, Whitetip Reef Sharks, Wobbegong Shark, Zebra Shark|
|Review: All Star Cuan Law; Book: All Star Cuan Law||Virgin Islands||10||79%||Blacktip Reef Sharks, Bull Sharks, Caribbean Reef Shark, Great Hammerhead Sharks, Lemon Sharks, Nurse Sharks, Oceanic Whitetip Sharks, Silky Sharks, Tiger Sharks, Whale Sharks|
|Review: Leyla; Book: Leyla||Indonesia||10||73%|
What is SDE Lux Rating %
The column headed “SDE Lux Rating %” is my own Liveaboard Luxury Rating which I’ve assigned to all liveaboards. To discover how the rating is calculated for your chosen liveaboard dive boat, click the liveaboard name link in the “Discover Liveaboard” column above (also this is explained in more detail below).
To help you to choose the right diving liveaboard for you, the “Scuba Diving Earth Liveaboard Luxury Rating” (SDE Lux Rating) means you can compare each liveaboard with other liveaboards on a like-for-like basis. This makes choosing the right liveaboard much easier.
The maximum rating for any liveaboard is 100%, and this rating is split between the 6 features listed below:
- Diver benefits: A higher ‘diver benefits‘ score means there are more features specifically for scuba divers. These include onboard nitrox, dive courses, gear rental etc.
- Liveaboard design features: The higher the ‘liveaboard design features‘ score, the more the dive boat has been designed with scuba divers in mind. This includes whether the dive boat was custom built for divers, if it has charging stations, outside showers etc.
- Cabin luxury: A high score in ‘cabin luxury‘ means the cabins on the liveaboard offer better features. These might include ensuite cabins, air-conditioning, daily housekeeping, seaviews, TVs etc.
- Onboard comfort: A high score in ‘onboard comfort‘ means there are more onboard features to make your dive trip feel more luxurious. These include what towels are provided on the liveaboard (always important for travelling light), complimentary toiletries, crew ratios etc.
- Food luxury: If you are a foodie then ‘food luxury‘ will be important to you, as a high score on this rating will mean there’s more on offer. These might include the type of food served onboard, the dietary requirements catered for, vegan food, vegetarian food, buffet style, fine dining etc.
- Drink luxury: If you like a drink in the evenings you may look for a higher score in ‘drink luxury‘ score, but this score also includes drinking water and soft drinks too.
The “SDE Luxury Rating Total” is calculated by adding the totals from each of the above features and benefits. The higher the SDE Luxury Rating, the more features and benefits the liveaboard has, which leads on nicely to how to use the SDE Luxury Rating.
How to use the SDE Luxury Rating score
When choosing the liveaboard dive boat for you, your decision is helped by customer scores, which is how the liveaboards in the above table are sorted in descending order.
If you are stuck choosing between two or three of these liveaboards, where each one has a high customer score out of 10 and that have itineraries you like, use the SDE Luxury Rating score to help narrow down your choice.
Think about it like using Booking.com when searching for the best hotel to stay at. Booking.com also use a customer score where each customer rates hotels out of 10. This is similar to the liveaboard customer rating, which is also rated out of 10.
But let’s say you only like to stay in hotels rated 9 and above on Booking.com, but you also want the hotel to have WIFI or parking, or to have a swimming pool etc. The features each hotel has is secondary to the score out of 10.
In the case of liveaboards, the SDE Lux Rating system can also be used as a secondary tool in the same way to help you determine which liveaboard offers the best features to suit you.
Each of the liveaboards linked-to from the above table will be individually scored. Which means that if cabin luxury is important to you, focus on this score to help you choose your liveaboard. But if diver benefits are your top priority, use this score first, and so on.
Are bull sharks safe to dive with?
Bull sharks are safe to dive with as these sharks don’t’ attack scuba divers, as long as the sharks are not provoked. Bull shark provocation includes touching the sharks and spearfishing, which will increase your risk of being attacked by a bull shark.
Bull sharks, like all sharks, are aggressive but divers do not need to worry about scuba diving with these large predatory fish. They are know for many attacks on humans, but these attacks are mostly down to mistaken identity in murky or muddy waters upstream in rivers.
I hope you enjoyed this article about the best dive liveaboards for diving with bull sharks
If this article hasn’t answered all of your questions. If you have more questions either about snorkelling or scuba diving (or specifically about the best dive liveaboards for diving with bull sharks), please comment below with your questions.
There will also be many more articles about scuba and scuba diving safety tips (and on snorkelling too) for you to read and learn about this fabulous sport.