Take your smart phone underwater with the new Sublue Mix Pro
If you want to speed through the water with an underwater scooter, then the New Sublue Mix Pro Underwater Scooter has to be a contender!
The Sublue Mix Pro Underwater Scooter pulls divers or snorkelers along using two electric-powered propellers. The battery life of the Mix Pro’s removable lithium-ion battery is 60 minutes per 2-hour charge; the same as the WhiteShark. Amazing maximum depth 40 meters (131 feet). Plus it has a smartphone mount too!
The best way to do more diving is to book yourself on a scuba diving liveaboard. You can check the latest and best deals on liveaboards using the following window:
Sublue Mix Pro Underwater Scooter – The specifications
The specifications of the Sublue Mix Pro Underwater Scooter are as follows:
- Designed to pull snorkelers and divers along underwater.
- Has two electric-motor-powered propellers.
- Has a lithium-ion battery that takes 2 hours to charge. This sets it apart from most underwater scooters on the market.
- Claimed to have a claimed 60 minutes per 2-hour charge like the Whiteshark Mix (also made by Sublue).
- Depth rating is to 40 metres (131 feet).
- NEW FEATURE – Has a SmartPhone Mount to take your latest pictures and video underwater. This will capture exactly what you see on your dive! This compares to the GoPro mount from the WhiteShark, which is also still there on the Mix Pro.
- There scooter’s battery level and current speed are displayed on a built-in color LED screen.
- The Mix Pro has a slightly higher top speed from the WhiteShark Mix at 1.8 meters per second (or 4 mph).This compares to the WhiteShark’s 1.5 metres per second (3.4 mph).
- Or set the Mix Pro to a slower, more energy-efficient speed of 1.2 metres per second (2.7 mph).
- The Mix Pro has a detachable buoyancy tank. Ideal for novice divers who can explore to depths of 5 metres (16 feeT) with the buoyancy tank. Whereas more experienced divers or snorkelers can go deeper without the buoyancy tank and remove it.
- The weight is about 2 kg (4.5 lb).
How to get your Sublue Mix Pro Underwater Scooter
Presently we are awaiting a launch date. Sublue are unveiling the Mix Pro in Las Vegas next week (i.e. week commencing 6 January 2020). It’s hoped by then we’ll have a price for this amazing bit of underwater diving kit!
I will update when it becomes available for you to buy.
Price expected to be between the price of a WhiteShark Mix around £599 or around $549 and the SeaBow at £1,099-£1,499 in the UK or $999-$1,399 in the USA.
Dive liveaboards with underwater scooters table
This list of liveaboards with underwater scooters is in descending customer rating order, followed by Scuba Diving Luxury Rating (SDE Lux Rating, see below), so the liveaboards with the highest customer rating and the best SDE lux rating will be at the top of the list. If you want to change the list order, use the “Sort by” dropdown below.
|Discover Liveaboard||Customer Rating||SDE Lux Rating %||Flexible Booking||Dive Courses||Dietary Requirements||Nitrox||Country|
|Review: MV Conte Max; Book: MV Conte Max||8.7||87%||YES||YES||YES||YES||Maldives|
|Review: MV Tala; Book: MV Tala||8.7||71%||YES||YES||YES||YES||Egypt|
|Review: MY Oceanos; Book: MY Oceanos||8.6||83%||NO||YES||YES||YES||Egypt|
|Review: MV Nouran; Book: MV Nouran||8.5||67%||YES||YES||YES||YES||Egypt|
|Review: MY Duke of York; Book: MY Duke of York||8||87%||YES||YES||YES||YES||Maldives|
The Scuba Diving Earth Luxury Rating (SDE Lux Rating) is explained on each liveaboard review when you click the “Discover Liveaboard” link, and is my own Liveaboard Luxury Rating I’ve assigned to all liveaboards. Choosing between liveaboards is helped by customer scores, and if you get stuck choosing between two or three liveaboards, where each one has a high customer score out of 10, you can use the SDE Luxury Rating to help narrow down your choice.
Think about it like using Booking.com when searching for the best hotel. Booking.com also use a customer score where each customer rates hotels out of 10. This is similar to the liveaboard customer rating, which is also rated out of 10. But let’s say you only like to stay in hotels rated 8 and above on Booking.com, but you also want the hotel to have WIFI or parking, or to have a swimming pool etc. The features each hotel has is usually secondary to the score out of 10.
I hope you enjoyed this article about the Sublue Mix Pro Underwater Scooter
I’d love to hear from you. Tell us about your adventures of diving and snorkeling, in the comments below. Please also share your photos. Either from your underwater cameras or videos from your waterproof go-pro’s!
If this article hasn’t answered all of your questions. If you have more questions either about snorkeling or scuba diving (or specifically on the Sublue Mix Pro Underwater Scooter), please comment below with your questions.
There will also be many more articles about scuba and scuba diving safety tips (and on snorkeling too) for you to read and learn about this fabulous sport.
Have fun and be safe!