The Australia Pro Dive Cairns liveaboard – Overall review rating 9.2 out of 10 and 4.5 stars
If you’re set on scuba diving Australia’s Great Barrier Reef, your next decision is whether you do resort based diving vs scuba dive from a liveaboard.
But as you’re reading this Pro Dive Cairns liveaboard review, it’s possibly safe to assume you intend to dive from a liveaboard.
Australia Pro Dive Cairns liveaboard review: A review of the Australia Pro Dive Cairns liveaboard reveals a 24 metre (79 feet) custom-built boat for scuba divers. Sleeps 32 scuba divers over 16 cabins with air conditioning and some have sea views. Local and western food served buffet style there’s also an air-conditioned saloon. GBR dive trips of 3 days 2 nights.
The best way to dive Australia is by a scuba diving liveaboard. You can check the latest and best deals on Australia liveaboards using the following window:
Features of Australia Pro Dive Cairns cabin and deck
The Pro Dive Cairns offers liveaboard dive trips of 3-day 2 night diving and snorkeling out of Cairns to the outer reef of the Great Barrier Reef. Operated by ScubaPro which has three liveaboards to choose from the M/V ScubaPro I, II or III. These dive liveaboards are ideal for diving the Great Barrier Reef on a budget and the time-conscious diver looking for a short dive trip.
The features that are included with your stay on the Australia Pro Dive Cairns liveaboard are as follows:
- The Australia Pro Dive Cairns liveaboard is 24 metres (79 feet) in length.
- Designed for up to 32 divers across 16 cabins, split as 14 twins and 2 doubles.
- Cabins have air conditioning, wardrobes for storage some with sea views.
- A leisure deck/observation deck, which is also a sun deck for those sun-worshippers who like to relax and enjoy sunbathing in-between dives.
- Food includes local and western style food and is served buffet style and with all day snacks.
- Both wine and beer are available at an extra charge.
- Specific dietary requirements can be catered for including vegetarian and vegan options.
- Non-diver friendly for snorkeling.
- Indoor air conditioned saloon and library.
- Scuba diving facilities include: DIN adaptors, paid-for nitrox available and equipment and scuba gear rentals.
- Free internet.
You can check the Pro Dive Cairns liveaboard availability and prices here.
Australia Pro Dive Cairns scuba diving review
On this scuba diving liveaboard, you’ll be in the hands of experienced and professional crew.
Search for your favourite Australia Liveaboard here:
Table of Australia liveaboards
This list of Australia liveaboards is in descending customer rating order, followed by Scuba Diving Luxury Rating (SDE Lux Rating, see below), so the liveaboards with the highest customer rating and the best SDE lux rating will be at the top of the list. If you want to change the list order, use the “Sort by” dropdown below.
|Discover Liveaboard||Customer Rating||SDE Lux Rating %||Flexible Booking||Dive Courses||Dietary Requirements||Nitrox||Gear Rental|
|Review: Shore Thing Catamaran; Book: Shore Thing Catamaran||9.9||69%||YES||YES||YES||NO||YES|
|Review: MY Spoilsport; Book: MY Spoilsport||9.4||73%||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES|
|Review: MY Spirit of Freedom; Book: MY Spirit of Freedom||9.3||83%||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES|
|Review: Coral Sea Dreaming; Book: Coral Sea Dreaming||9.2||62%||YES||YES||YES||NO||YES|
|Review: MY Pro Dive Cairns; Book: MY Pro Dive Cairns||9.2||52%||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES|
|Review: Rum Runner; Book: Rum Runner||9||44%||YES||YES||YES||NO||YES|
|Review: MY Ocean Quest; Book: MY Ocean Quest||9||40%||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES|
|Review: MY Odyssey; Book: MY Odyssey||8.6||60%||YES||NO||YES||NO||YES|
The Scuba Diving Earth Luxury Rating (SDE Lux Rating) is explained on each liveaboard review when you click the “Discover Liveaboard” link, and is my own Liveaboard Luxury Rating I’ve assigned to all liveaboards. Choosing between liveaboards is helped by customer scores, and if you get stuck choosing between two or three liveaboards, where each one has a high customer score out of 10, you can use the SDE Luxury Rating to help narrow down your choice.
Think about it like using Booking.com when searching for the best hotel. Booking.com also use a customer score where each customer rates hotels out of 10. This is similar to the liveaboard customer rating, which is also rated out of 10. But let’s say you only like to stay in hotels rated 8 and above on Booking.com, but you also want the hotel to have WIFI or parking, or to have a swimming pool etc. The features each hotel has is usually secondary to the score out of 10.
Scuba diving options on the Australia Pro Dive Cairns liveaboard:
Examples of the dive itineraries on the Pro Dive Cairns liveaboard.
- 3 Day Great Barrier Outer Reef (Wednesday Departure) – 3 days 2 nights trip. Approx. 11 dives in total. Open Water Diver – 4 minimum logged dives required.
- 3 Day Great Barrier Outer Reef (Thursday Departure) – 3 days 2 nights trip. Approx. 11 dives in total. Open Water Diver – 4 minimum logged dives required.
- 3 Day Great Barrier Outer Reef (Saturday Departure) – 3 days 2 nights trip. Approx. 11 dives in total. Open Water Diver – 4 minimum logged dives required.
- 3 Day Great Barrier Outer Reef (Sunday Departure) – 3 days 2 nights trip. Approx. 11 dives in total. Open Water Diver – 4 minimum logged dives required.
- 3 Day Great Barrier Outer Reef (Friday Departure) – 3 days 2 nights trip. Approx. 11 dives in total. Open Water Diver – 4 minimum logged dives required.
- 3 Day Great Barrier Outer Reef (Monday Departure) – 3 days 2 nights trip. Approx. 11 dives in total. Open Water Diver – 4 minimum logged dives required.
The diving on the Great Barrier Reef
The diving on Australia’s Great Barrier Reef is varied and interesting with some deep dives, which can be up to 30 metres (98 feet) and there are night dives too. But The Pro Dive Cairns is about including most experience levels of scuba diver.
On most of these dive trips divers will see a variety of marine life. This includes nudibranchs, Napoleon Wrasse, cod fish, moray eels, large schools of reef fish, eagle rays, various shark species including grey reef and white tip sharks, turtles, manta rays and the occasional whale sharks.
Plus there’s always that chance you could see a bull shark or a tiger shark too. Plus of course the chance to see a Dwarf Minke Whale or humpback whales and coral spawning at the right time of year on the GBR!
You will also get the opportunity on some trips to dive some of the most beautiful shipwrecks too.
You can check the Pro Dive Cairns liveaboard availability and prices here.
Australia Pro Dive Cairns liveaboard review by customers
Scuba divers that have stayed on the Australia Pro Dive Cairns liveaboard review comments include:
- Food was amazing (thanks Pablo!);
- Hot showers;
- Recommended for: Dive sites, food & comfort on the boat, safety;
- The night dives getting real close with sharks;
- Great way to experience the Great Barrier Reef!
- Loved the night dives and the big groupers underwater;
- Dives for experienced divers are unguided;
- The crew and diving experience exceeded our expectations;
- Awsome team, great value;
- Amazing experience!
- This trip was worth the money and the wildlife/reef was unforgettable.
Australia Pro Dive customer reviews from around the globe
There are so many great reviews from all around the World, from the UK to the United States of America, to Austria, Canada, Hong Kong, Ukraine, Japan, Poland, France, Germany, China, Italy, New Zealand, Switzerland, Israel, Columbia, Belgium, Costa Rica, Singapore, Sweden, the Netherlands, Russia, Thailand, Malaysia, Brazil, South Korea, Spain, Hungary, Norway and divers from Australia itself.
To see more of the Pro Dive Cairns reviews please click here to read them. If you weren’t already convinced how wonderful this top class liveaboard was before, then certainly after reading them all.
Here’s a review by a customer who rated the Australia Pro Dive Cairns liveaboard 10 out of 10 and 5 stars:
Epic experience. “The diving was incredible. The food was delicious. The staff were super friendly.” Recommended for: Diving, food and people.Shannon S, Australia
Video of Australia Pro Dive Cairns liveaboard
I hope you enjoyed this article about the Australia Pro Dive Cairns liveaboard review
I’d love to hear from you. Tell us about your adventures of diving and snorkelling. Please use the comments section below. Please also share your photos. Either from your underwater cameras or videos from your waterproof go-pro’s!
But in particular if you’ve dived either in Australia or in particular on the Australia Pro Dive Cairns liveaboard, please share your experiences.
If this article hasn’t answered all of your questions. If you have more questions either about snorkelling or scuba diving (or specifically about the Australia Pro Dive Cairns liveaboard review), please comment below with your questions.
There will also be many more articles about scuba and scuba diving safety tips (and on snorkelling too) for you to read and learn about this fabulous sport.
Have fun and be safe!