In accordance with the UK Data Protection Act (1998) which specifically relates to the collection of information of a sensitive nature and the IAEBP own Code of Practice, Scubadivingearth.com can assure you that your privacy is respected and assured at all times.
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This notice sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect will be processed by us.
Scubadivingearth.com is owned and operated by Bowraven Limited. Bowraven Limited’s registered office is at 33 Avon Avenue, Ringwood, Hampshire BH24 2BQ. Bowraven Limited is registered in England and Wales number 2509545.
This website is provided for your information only and Scubadivingearth.com cannot accept any responsibility for any loss, damage, or injury arising from the use of this website or contents therein.
General Representation and Warranty
You represent and warrant the following:
- Your use of this Website will be in strict accordance with this Agreement and with all applicable laws and regulations (including without limitation any local laws or regulations in your country, state, city, or other governmental area, regarding online conduct and acceptable content, and including all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the country in which you reside) and;
- Your use of this Website will not infringe or misappropriate the intellectual property rights of any third party.
Applicable Law and Jurisdiction
This agreement and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation (including non- contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales. Each party irrevocably agrees that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with this agreement or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims).
We have created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to privacy. The following discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for this web site.
We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our Web site. Your IP address is used to help identify you and to gather broad demographic information.
We use customer contact information from the registration form to send the user information about our company. The customer’s contact information is also used to contact the visitor when necessary if they have subscribed to the mail list. Users may opt-out of receiving future mailings by choosing to unsubscribe.
Unique identifiers are collected to verify the user’s identity and for use in our record system. This site may contain links to other sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such web sites. Our site uses an order form for customers to request information, products, and services.
We collect visitor’s contact information and unique identifiers. The customer’s contact information is also used to get in touch with the visitor when necessary. Users may opt-out of receiving future mailings. Unique identifiers are collected from Web site visitors to verify the user’s identity and for use as account numbers in our record system.
Information we collect from you
The following data about you will be collected and processed:
- Information that you give us: This is the information that you give us about yourself. Either by filling in forms on Our Sites or by correspondence with us. This can be by phone, email or otherwise. The information you give will include for example your name, address, email address and phone number and financial information. It is important to let us know if any of your information changes, so that we can keep our records up to date.
- Information we collect from you when using Our Sites: With each visits to Our Sites we automatically collect the following information:
- Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your device to the Internet.
- Whereabouts you connected to our service.
- Your internet service provider (ISP).
- What type of device you are using to access our service.
- The type of web browser you use.
- Information we collect during your relationship with us: This relates to information about the products you download.
- Information from other sources: We work closely with other organisations that we gather information from, which includes; our affiliate partners; joint ventures partners; LinkedIn; Twitter; Instagram; Facebook; and other social media platforms.
Why we collect this information from you
The information we collect from you is used in the following ways:
- To take steps necessary to assess whether we can enter into a contract with you. This allows us to perform our contract with you in the correct way, which includes performing our obligations to you and providing you with our, or a third party’s products and services;
- For the purpose of improving our service to you. This makes sure that the content we present to you from Our sites is presented in the most effective manner for you and your device;
- To properly deal with any legal queries you may have relating to your use of our service;
- To provide you with service communications so that we can perform our obligations to you. Such communications may be sent by email or by other preferred communication method specified by you. These will include notifications about changes to our service, details about future events and information about products that you have signed up for;
- To provide you with marketing communications which include your permission to receive information about other goods and services we offer. These will be similar to those that you have already purchased or inquired about beforehand; or
- With regards to our third party’s legitimate interests of keeping customers up to date, information and communications about future or existing goods and services.
- Information collected from using Our Sites: This information will be used the following purposes:
- To administer Our Sites and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To improve Our Sites, which will ensure that the content is presented to you in the most effective manner for the device and browser you use;
- As a way to keep Our Sites safe and secure;
- To measure and manage the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others in order to deliver relevant advertising to you.
- Information collected during our relationship with you: We will use this information to help us provide you with a better and improved service.
How long we keep your information on file
Your information will be kept about you throughout the period you receive our communications from us. After our relationship has ended, your information will be kept for six years after that, unless there are obligations put on us by our regulators or otherwise. Or shorter period if we are required to remove such data from our records.
Who we share your information with
You agree that for the purposes set out in the ‘Why do we collect this information?’ section above, we have the right to share your personal information with:
- Selected associated third parties, some of whom we appoint to provide services, including; Service providers with whom we have a commercial relationship, such as trainers business partners, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you;
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of Our Sites;
- To carry out customer surveys, we will share your information with customer survey providers so that we can receive feedback and improve our services to you.
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries.
In addition to this, we will disclose your personal information to relevant third parties as follows:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets. In this instance we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we are acquired by a third party, your personal data will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a legal duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation or duty to discharge the rules of our regulator, or others.
Security and how your data is stored
This site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. All data is protected using the most advanced methods available. We do not store financial information like credit card numbers or personal information like social security numbers on this site.
At Scubadivingearth.com we take your safety and security seriously. We we are committed to protecting your personal and financial information. All information kept by us is stored on secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of our service, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Where at all possible, your data is not stored outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). If any of your data is stored outside the EEA, thisis only done so where adequate protection measures are in place in compliance with data protection legislation.
Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security measures to try and avoid any unauthorised access.
The processing of your personal data is based on your consent. This consent can be withdrawn at any time.
You have the following rights: You can exercise these rights at any time by contacting us at the above address or by the “Contact Us” using the email support [at] Scubadivingearth.com.
You have the right:
- To ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes;
- To ask us not to process your personal data where it is processed on the basis of legitimate interests provided that there are no compelling reasons for that processing;
- To ask us not to process your personal data for scientific or historical research purposes. Unless the processing request is necessarily in the public interest.
- To request access to your personal information held by us;
- To ask for your information to be corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- To ask for data to be deleted, so long as the personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected.
- To ask for the processing of your information to be restricted if the accuracy of that data is contested. Or if the processing of the data is unlawful, the personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected in the first place.
If you have any issues or concerns about the data we hold about you, or you want to notify us of data which is inaccurate, please let us know by contacting us using the above contact details.
If you find yourself unsatisfied with our processing of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority, which is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) in the UK.
Web Browser Cookies
This policy was last updated on 11 February 2019.