The Maldives Scubaspa Ying liveaboard – Overall review rating 9.4 out of 10 and 4.5 stars
If you’re set on scuba diving the Maldives, your next decision is whether you do resort based diving vs scuba dive from a liveaboard. But as you’re reading this Scubaspa Ying liveaboard review, it’s possibly safe to assume you intend to dive from a liveaboard.
Maldives Scubaspa Ying liveaboard review: A review of the Maldives Scubaspa Ying liveaboard reveals a 50 metre (164 feet) custom-built boat for scuba divers. Sleeps 40 divers over 19 cabins with en-suites, air-con and some have sea views. Local food served buffet style or fine dinning with air-con saloon + bar. Dive trips of 5 days 4 nights or 8 days 7 nights.
A great chance for you to see whale sharks and other sharks, manta rays, eagle rays, turtles wrecks and much much more.
The best way to dive the Maldives is by a scuba diving liveaboard. You can check the latest and best deals on Maldives liveaboards using the following window:
Features of Maldives Scubaspa Ying liveaboard
The Scubaspa Ying is more than just a liveaboard boat. She is more like a floating hotel and spa with absolute luxury than just a normal Liveaboard boat. Scubaspa Ying is the “Ying of the Yang“, i.e. the sister Liveaboard boat the Scubaspa Yang.
The features that are included with your stay on the Maldives Scubaspa Ying liveaboard are as follows:
- The Maldives Scubaspa Ying liveaboard is 50 metres (164 feet) in length.
- Designed for up to 40 divers across 19 cabins.
- Cabins have private en-suite bathrooms and air conditioning, some with sea views and there’s daily housekeeping and a laundry service.
- Warm water showers.
- A sun deck for those sun-worshippers who like to relax and enjoy sunbathing in-between dives.
- Food includes local style food and is served buffet style and as fine cuisine and can be eaten both indoors or outside alfresco style.
- There are welcome cocktails on arrival and both wine and beer are available at an extra charge with a fine wine selection.
- Specific dietary requirements can be catered for including both vegan and vegetarian.
- Non-diver friendly for snorkeling.
- Indoor air conditioned saloon with bar.
- Scuba diving facilities include: DIN adaptors, paid-for nitrox available, a separate rinse area for your underwater camera and equipment and scuba gear rentals.
- Free internet.
- Other activities include kayaks, stand up paddleboards, plus a Jacuzzi/hot tub.
- For an additional charge you can enjoy a spa and massage.
You can check the Scubaspa Ying liveaboard availability and prices here.
Maldives Scubaspa Ying scuba diving review
The diving from the Maldives Scubaspa Ying liveaboard has a good review rating and she was custom-built for scuba diving.
On this scuba diving liveaboard, you’ll be in the hands of experienced and professional crew.
Search for your favourite Maldives Liveaboard here:
Table of Maldives liveaboards
This list of Maldives liveaboards is in descending customer rating order, followed by Scuba Diving Luxury Rating (SDE Lux Rating, see below), so the liveaboards with the highest customer rating and the best SDE lux rating will be at the top of the list. If you want to change the list order, use the “Sort by” dropdown below.
|Liveaboard main photo||Discover Liveaboard||Customer Review (Max 10)||SDE Lux Rating %||Flexible Booking||Dive Courses||Dietary Requirements||Nitrox||Gear Rental|
|Review Link: MV Scubaspa Yang; Booking Link: MV Scubaspa Yang||9.6||87%||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES|
|Review Link: MV Emperor Explorer; Booking Link: MV Emperor Explorer||9.6||63%||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES|
|Review Link: MV Theia; Booking Link: MV Theia||9.5||85%||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES|
|Review Link: MY Princess Dhonkamana; Booking Link: MY Princess Dhonkamana||9.5||79%||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES|
|Review Link: MV Scubaspa Ying; Booking Link: MV Scubaspa Ying||9.4||87%||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES|
|Review Link: MV Sachika; Booking Link: MV Sachika||9.4||83%||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES|
|Review Link: MV Emperor Serenity; Booking Link: MV Emperor Serenity||9.4||60%||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES|
|Review Link: MV Soleil 2; Booking Link: MV Soleil 2||9.3||96%||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES|
|Review Link: MV Emperor Atoll; Booking Link: MV Emperor Atoll||9.3||77%||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES|
|Review Link: MV Azalea; Booking Link: MV Azalea||9.3||77%||NO||YES||YES||YES||YES|
The Scuba Diving Earth Luxury Rating (SDE Lux Rating) is explained on each liveaboard review when you click the “Discover Liveaboard” link, and is my own Liveaboard Luxury Rating I’ve assigned to all liveaboards. Choosing between liveaboards is helped by customer scores, and if you get stuck choosing between two or three liveaboards, where each one has a high customer score out of 10, you can use the SDE Luxury Rating to help narrow down your choice.
Think about it like using Booking.com when searching for the best hotel. Booking.com also use a customer score where each customer rates hotels out of 10. This is similar to the liveaboard customer rating, which is also rated out of 10. But let’s say you only like to stay in hotels rated 8 and above on Booking.com, but you also want the hotel to have WIFI or parking, or to have a swimming pool etc. The features each hotel has is usually secondary to the score out of 10.
Scuba diving options on the Maldives Scubaspa Ying liveaboard:
Examples of the dive itineraries on the Scubaspa Ying liveaboard.
- Best of Maldives – 5 days 4 nights trip. Approx. 9 dives in total. Open Water certification – No minimum logged dives required.
- Best of Maldives – 8 days 7 nights trip. Approx. 15 dives in total. Open Water certification – No minimum logged dives required.
Some of the diving in the Maldives are deep dives and up to 30 metres (98 feet), with currents so are drift dives and there are night dives too. But The Scubaspa Ying is about including most experience levels of scuba diver. This includes beginner divers with the no minimum number of dives requirement.
On most of these trips divers will see a variety of marine life. This includes nudibranchs, Napoleon Wrasse, moray eels, large schools of reef fish, eagle rays, various shark species including grey reef and white tip sharks, turtles, manta rays and whale sharks.
You will also get the opportunity on some trips to dive some of the most beautiful shipwrecks too.
You can check the Scubaspa Ying liveaboard availability and prices here.
Maldives Scubaspa Ying liveaboard review by customers
Scuba divers that have stayed on the Maldives Scubaspa Ying liveaboard review comments include:
- Everything was awesome beyond awesomeness; can I live on your boat forever?
- Excellent in all ways;
- Experienced many new things in my first liveaboard;
- Amazing experience in the Maldives !
- Whale Shark, Huge Mantas – everywhere you looked there was something new to see;
- Amazing week in paradise;
- Amazing diving experience with great staff;
- It is a 5 star luxury resort on the sea;
- The crew made the ship feel like home.
- It was the little touches and genuine caring that made this good holiday truly great.
There are so many great reviews for the Scubaspa Ying, please click here to read them. If you weren’t already convinced how wonderful this top class liveaboard was before, then certainly after reading them all you will almost certainly want to book your next liveaboard trip with Scubaspa!
Here’s a review by a customer who rated the Maldives Scubaspa Ying liveaboard 10 out of 10 and 5 stars:
ScubaSpa is Heaven for Divers! “I loved my Manta Stateroom & the ever changing views of the Maldives. If excellent diving with wonderful dive masters wasn’t enough—they schooled us on diving in wild currents/reef hooks, etc!!! The BBQ dinner on the sand island was over the top! And…the massages in the spa—perfect!!!” Recommended for: Immaculate, excellent service & meals, fabulous diving!Sheryl W, United States
Video of Maldives Scubaspa Ying liveaboard
I hope you enjoyed this article about the Maldives Scubaspa Ying liveaboard review
I’d love to hear from you. Tell us about your adventures of diving and snorkelling. Please use the comments section below. Please also share your photos. Either from your underwater cameras or videos from your waterproof go-pro’s!
But in particular if you’ve dived either in the Maldives or in particular on the Maldives Scubaspa Ying liveaboard, please share your experiences.
If this article hasn’t answered all of your questions. If you have more questions either about snorkelling or scuba diving (or specifically about the Maldives Scubaspa Ying liveaboard review), please comment below with your questions.
There will also be many more articles about scuba and scuba diving safety tips (and on snorkelling too) for you to read and learn about this fabulous sport.
Have fun and be safe!