The Maldives Emperor Leo liveaboard – Overall review rating 9.0 out of 10 and 4.5 stars
If you’re set on scuba diving the Maldives, your next decision is whether you do resort based diving vs scuba dive from a liveaboard. But as you’re reading this Emperor Leo liveaboard review, it’s possibly safe to assume you intend to dive from a liveaboard.
Maldives Emperor Leo liveaboard review: A review of the Maldives Emperor Leo liveaboard reveals a 35 metre (115 feet) custom-built boat for scuba divers. Sleeps 24 divers over 12 cabins with en-suites, air-con + some have sea views. Local + western food served buffet style or fine dinning + an air-con saloon. Dive trips of 8 days 7 nights + 10 days 9 nights.
One of the best places in the World to dive with the chance to see whale sharks and other sharks, manta rays, eagle rays, turtles wrecks and much much more.
The best way to dive the Maldives is by a scuba diving liveaboard. You can check the latest and best deals on Maldives liveaboards using the following window:
Features of Maldives Emperor Leo liveaboard
The Emperor Leo is more than just a liveaboard boat. She is more like a floating hotel and spa with absolute luxury than just a normal Liveaboard boat.
The features that are included with your stay on the Maldives Emperor Leo liveaboard are as follows:
- The Maldives Emperor Leo liveaboard is 35 metres (115 feet) in length.
- Designed for up to 24 divers across 12 cabins.
- Cabins have private en-suite bathrooms and air conditioning, some with sea views and there’s daily housekeeping.
- Warm water showers.
- A leisure deck, and observation deck and a sun deck for those sun-worshippers who like to relax and enjoy sunbathing in-between dives.
- Food includes local and western style food and is served buffet style and as fine cuisine and can be eaten both indoors or outside alfresco style.
- Both wine and beer are available at an extra charge with a fine wine selection and wine with dinner.
- Specific dietary requirements can be catered for.
- Non-diver friendly for snorkeling.
- Indoor air conditioned saloon with bar and a library.
- Scuba diving facilities include: DIN adaptors, rebreather support, Free nitrox available, a camera station and equipment and scuba gear rentals.
- Paid-for internet.
- Other activities include a Jacuzzi/hot tub.
You can check the Emperor Leo liveaboard availability and prices here.
Maldives Emperor Leo scuba diving review
The diving from the Maldives Emperor Leo liveaboard has a good review rating and she was custom-built for scuba diving.
On this scuba diving liveaboard, you’ll be in the hands of experienced and professional crew.
Search for your favourite Maldives Liveaboard here:
Table of Maldives liveaboards
This list of Maldives liveaboards is in descending customer rating order, followed by Scuba Diving Luxury Rating (SDE Lux Rating, see below), so the liveaboards with the highest customer rating and the best SDE lux rating will be at the top of the list. If you want to change the list order, use the “Sort by” dropdown below.
|Liveaboard main photo||Discover Liveaboard||Customer Review (Max 10)||SDE Lux Rating %||Flexible Booking||Dive Courses||Dietary Requirements||Nitrox||Gear Rental|
|Review Link: MV Adora; Booking Link: MV Adora||8.4||75%||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES|
|Review Link: MV Seafari Explorer 2; Booking Link: MV Seafari Explorer 2||8.4||54%||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES|
|Review Link: MV Ari Queen; Booking Link: MV Ari Queen||8.4||54%||YES||NO||YES||YES||YES|
|Review Link: MY Duke of York; Booking Link: MY Duke of York||8||87%||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES|
|Review Link: MY Honors Legacy; Booking Link: MY Honors Legacy||7.6||79%||YES||YES||YES||NO||YES|
|Review Link: MV Princess Sara; Booking Link: MV Princess Sara||0||94%||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES|
|Review Link: MV Sunseeker; Booking Link: MV Sunseeker||0||85%||YES||NO||YES||YES||YES|
|Review Link: MV Over Reef; Booking Link: MV Over Reef||0||85%||YES||NO||YES||NO||YES|
|Review Link: MY Fascination Yacht; Booking Link: MY Fascination Yacht||0||83%||YES||YES||YES||NO||YES|
|Review Link: MV Mariana; Booking Link: MV Mariana||0||81%||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES|
The Scuba Diving Earth Luxury Rating (SDE Lux Rating) is explained on each liveaboard review when you click the “Discover Liveaboard” link, and is my own Liveaboard Luxury Rating I’ve assigned to all liveaboards. Choosing between liveaboards is helped by customer scores, and if you get stuck choosing between two or three liveaboards, where each one has a high customer score out of 10, you can use the SDE Luxury Rating to help narrow down your choice.
Think about it like using Booking.com when searching for the best hotel. Booking.com also use a customer score where each customer rates hotels out of 10. This is similar to the liveaboard customer rating, which is also rated out of 10. But let’s say you only like to stay in hotels rated 8 and above on Booking.com, but you also want the hotel to have WIFI or parking, or to have a swimming pool etc. The features each hotel has is usually secondary to the score out of 10.
Scuba diving options on the Maldives Emperor Leo liveaboard:
Examples of the dive itineraries on the Emperor Leo liveaboard.
- Best of Maldives 7 Nights – 8 days 7 nights trip. Approx. 17 dives in total. Open Water certification – No minimum logged dives required.
- Best of Maldives – 10 days 9 nights trip. Approx. 24 dives in total. Open Water certification – No minimum logged dives required.
Some of the diving in the Maldives are deep dives and up to 30 metres (98 feet), with currents so are drift dives and there are night dives too. But The Emperor Leo is about including most experience levels of scuba diver.
On most of these trips divers will see a variety of marine life. This includes nudibranchs, Napoleon Wrasse, moray eels, large schools of reef fish, eagle rays, various shark species including grey reef and white tip sharks, turtles, manta rays and whale sharks. Plus there’s always that chance you could see a tiger shark too.
You will also get the opportunity on some trips to dive some of the most beautiful shipwrecks too.
You can check the Emperor Leo liveaboard availability and prices here.
Maldives Emperor Leo liveaboard review by customers
Scuba divers that have stayed on the Maldives Emperor Leo liveaboard review comments include:
- Good diving, majestic crew & dive guides;
- Dives sides were excellent, the food service had good vegetarian options and the crew and dive guides really made the trip worth it;
- This was my first liveaboard with emperor and I can totally recommend it;
- The overall trip was very good with a good value for money;
- Fantastic diving with great group of people;
- Diving with manta’s and lots of sharks, snorkling with whale shark, bbq on deserted island;
- The evening dives with the mantas and nurse sharks are experiences that I will never forget;
- An amazing value for money dive experience;
- Dive highlight was definitely the dive with the nurse sharks and the night dive with mantas;
- Best diving experience I could hope for during rainy season;
- One of, if not the best, dive trips I’ve taken;
- Excellent crew made everything easy;
- Truly amazing above and below the water.
There are so many great reviews for the Emperor Leo, please click here to read them. If you weren’t already convinced how wonderful this top class liveaboard was before, then certainly after reading them all.
Here’s a review by a customer who rated the Maldives Emperor Leo liveaboard 10 out of 10 and 5 stars:
Top notch operation. “Whale sharks and manta rays. Hook diving to watch the sharks is always interesting.” Recommended for: loved the roominess on this boat. By having a seperate dive dhoani there is a lot more space on our live aboard. The dives were quite varied which made it interesting. The crew were awesome.Patricia N, Canada
Video of Maldives Emperor Leo liveaboard
I hope you enjoyed this article about the Maldives Emperor Leo liveaboard review
I’d love to hear from you. Tell us about your adventures of diving and snorkelling. Please use the comments section below. Please also share your photos. Either from your underwater cameras or videos from your waterproof go-pro’s!
But in particular if you’ve dived either in the Maldives or in particular on the Maldives Emperor Leo liveaboard, please share your experiences.
If this article hasn’t answered all of your questions. If you have more questions either about snorkelling or scuba diving (or specifically about the Maldives Emperor Leo liveaboard review), please comment below with your questions.
There will also be many more articles about scuba and scuba diving safety tips (and on snorkelling too) for you to read and learn about this fabulous sport.
Have fun and be safe!