The Maldives Blue Spirit liveaboard – Overall review rating 8.5 out of 10 and 4 stars
If you’re set on scuba diving the Maldives, your next decision is whether you do resort based diving vs scuba dive from a liveaboard. But as you’re reading this Blue Spirit liveaboard review (formerly the Sea Spirit by Blue O Two), it’s possibly safe to assume you intend to dive from a liveaboard.
Maldives Blue Spirit liveaboard review: A review of the Maldives Blue Spirit liveaboard reveals a 26 metre (85 feet) custom-built boat for scuba divers. Sleeps 12 scuba divers across 6 cabins with en-suite cabins and air conditioning. Local and western food served buffet style with air-con saloon and bar. Dive trips of 8 days 7 nights to 13 days 12 nights.
With a good chance to see whale sharks and other sharks, manta rays, eagle rays, turtles wrecks and much much more.
The best way to dive the Maldives is by a scuba diving liveaboard. You can check the latest and best deals on Maldives liveaboards using the following window:
Features of Maldives Blue Spirit cabin and deck
The Blue Spirit is a modern liveaboard dive boat offering a high standard of comfort and accommodation.
The features that are included with your stay on the Maldives Blue Spirit liveaboard are as follows:
- The Maldives Blue Spirit liveaboard is 26 metres (85 feet) in length.
- Designed for up to 12 divers across 6 cabins.
- Cabins have private en-suite bathrooms and air conditioning and there’s daily housekeeping.
- Warm water showers.
- There’s a sun deck for those sun-worshippers who like to relax and enjoy sunbathing in-between dives.
- Food includes local and western style food and is served buffet style and can be eaten both indoors or outside alfresco style with all day snacks. Plus a beach BBQ.
- Both wine and beer are available at an extra charge and a fine wines selection.
- Specific dietary requirements can be catered for with vegetarian and vegan options.
- Non-diver friendly for snorkeling.
- Indoor air conditioned saloon with bar and library.
- Scuba diving facilities include: DIN adaptors, rebreather support, paid-for nitrox available, a camera station with separate underwater camera rinse station and equipment and scuba gear rentals.
- Free internet.
You can check the Blue Spirit liveaboard availability and prices here.
Maldives Blue Spirit scuba diving review
The diving from the Maldives Blue Spirit liveaboard has a good review rating and she was custom-built for scuba diving.
On this scuba diving liveaboard, you’ll be in the hands of experienced and professional crew.
Search for your favourite Maldives Liveaboard here:
Table of Maldives liveaboards
This list of Maldives liveaboards is in descending customer rating order, followed by Scuba Diving Luxury Rating (SDE Lux Rating, see below), so the liveaboards with the highest customer rating and the best SDE lux rating will be at the top of the list. If you want to change the list order, use the “Sort by” dropdown below.
|Discover Liveaboard||Customer Rating||SDE Lux Rating %||Flexible Booking||Dive Courses||Dietary Requirements||Nitrox||Gear Rental|
|Review: MV Seafari Explorer; Book: MV Seafari Explorer||0||62%||YES||NO||YES||YES||YES|
|Review: MV Maldives Blue Force 3; Book: MV Maldives Blue Force 3||0||58%||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES|
|Review: MV Dhinasha; Book: MV Dhinasha||0||52%||NO||NO||YES||NO||YES|
The Scuba Diving Earth Luxury Rating (SDE Lux Rating) is explained on each liveaboard review when you click the “Discover Liveaboard” link, and is my own Liveaboard Luxury Rating I’ve assigned to all liveaboards. Choosing between liveaboards is helped by customer scores, and if you get stuck choosing between two or three liveaboards, where each one has a high customer score out of 10, you can use the SDE Luxury Rating to help narrow down your choice.
Think about it like using Booking.com when searching for the best hotel. Booking.com also use a customer score where each customer rates hotels out of 10. This is similar to the liveaboard customer rating, which is also rated out of 10. But let’s say you only like to stay in hotels rated 8 and above on Booking.com, but you also want the hotel to have WIFI or parking, or to have a swimming pool etc. The features each hotel has is usually secondary to the score out of 10.
Scuba diving options on the Maldives Blue Spirit liveaboard:
Examples of the dive itineraries on the Blue Spirit liveaboard.
- Best of the Southern Atolls (Kooddoo-Malé) – 13 days 12 nights trip. Approx. 33 dives in total. Advanced Open Water certification – 50 minimum logged dives required.
- Central Atolls 7 Nights (Male/Male) – 8 days 7 nights trip. Approx. 18 dives in total. Advanced Open Water certification – 30 minimum logged dives required.
- Best of the Central Atolls (Male-Male) – 13 days 12 nights trip. Approx. 30 dives in total. Advanced Open Water certification – 30 minimum logged dives required.
- Central & Northern Atolls (Male-Dharavandhoo) – 13 days 12 nights trip. Approx. 33 dives in total. Advanced Open Water certification – 50 minimum logged dives required.
Some of the diving in the Maldives are deep dives and up to 30 metres (98 feet), with currents so are drift dives and there are night dives too. But The Blue Spirit is about including most experience levels of scuba diver.
On most of these trips divers will see a variety of marine life. This includes nudibranchs, Napoleon Wrasse, moray eels, large schools of reef fish, eagle rays, various shark species including grey reef and white tip sharks, turtles, manta rays and whale sharks. Plus there’s always that chance you could see a tiger shark too.
You will also get the opportunity on some trips to dive some of the most beautiful shipwrecks too.
You can check the Blue Spirit liveaboard availability and prices here.
Maldives Blue Spirit liveaboard review by customers
Scuba divers that have stayed on the Maldives Blue Spirit liveaboard review comments include:
- Enjoyable cruise with great food and good diving…plus some incredible experiences;
- Saw many sharks and manta rays, plus some turtles.
Here’s a review by a customer who rated the Maldives Blue Spirit liveaboard 8.8 out of 10 and 5 stars:
Thoroughly enjoyed the entire experience. “The Manta and Shark dives. The uncrowded and relaxed atmosphere around the large dining table, that seated everyone together for lunch and evening meals. Many interesting conversations, with interesting people.” Recommended for: Sea Spirit being smaller boat, with smaller compliment of divers, meant no crowded dive sites, 2. I enjoyed the diverse choice of dive sites. 3. The attentive staff and crew,Geoffrey B, Australia
Video of Maldives Blue Spirit liveaboard
I hope you enjoyed this article about the Maldives Blue Spirit liveaboard review
I’d love to hear from you. Tell us about your adventures of diving and snorkelling. Please use the comments section below. Please also share your photos. Either from your underwater cameras or videos from your waterproof go-pro’s!
But in particular if you’ve dived either in the Maldives or in particular on the Maldives Blue Spirit liveaboard, please share your experiences.
If this article hasn’t answered all of your questions. If you have more questions either about snorkelling or scuba diving (or specifically about the Maldives Blue Spirit liveaboard review), please comment below with your questions.
There will also be many more articles about scuba and scuba diving safety tips (and on snorkelling too) for you to read and learn about this fabulous sport.
Have fun and be safe!